Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How did Roy Jones Jr reach such high levels of speed?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How did Roy Jones Jr reach such high levels of speed?

Granted it was genetic. No doubt about it.

But it much have been technqiue as well. Did he have any unusual techniques or did he just do the usual but very very quickly?
    Last edited by AlexKid; 04-07-2013, 12:46 PM. Reason: Typo

roy jones' mother was a virgin when he was conceived and therefore he had special powers.

/thread
    Last edited by Barn; 04-07-2013, 01:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
      Granted it was genetic. No doubt about it.

But it much have been technqiue as well. Did he have any unusual techniques or did he just do the usual but very very quickly?
      ^This. To me Roy Jones Jr. was just a natural athletic marvel. I think one of the training methods I read about was his dad getting him to spar with just one hand free. It wouldn't surprise me if that was true seeing how Roy Jones was damn near Superman in his younger days.

Comment

I remember the Roy Jones "Centerstage" interview in which he said he got beaten so badly and so often by his father that he developed so fast defensive movements cause he had to move his head when his father was coming for him with a frypan.

Comment

I heard him talking about how he use to get under people's skin so much i.e. being annoying as hell, & his uncles etc. would throw things at him when he was young (pop cans, paint cans).

I'm sure his dads interesting training methods helped as well.

Comment

talent and hard work.

Comment

It was not only speed but rhythm and timing; unorthodox rhythm and timing.

Comment

timing, and great reflex/athleticism

Comment

Didn't he use to play with his roosters? Those f-ckers are fast...

Comment

Originally posted by wmute View Post
                    Didn't he use to play with his roosters? Those f-ckers are fast...
                    No, you're thinking of Rocky Balboa in the second movie.

Comment

Working...
                    X