Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Diaz: Tim Bradley Will Fight Smarter if There’s a Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have no doubt that he will fight a smarter fight against whoever he fights next. I think he just wanted to see how he would do if he stood in there and went toe to toe. He's been solid, fairly safe boxer his whole career (for the most part). Not to say he didn't have his moments of being a little wild and getting caught (ie. vs Holt), but when he gets back to boxing he knows that's where he's hard to beat. I also think he wanted to test out his power at 147 to see if he could knock his opponent out if he really went for it. He picked the wrong guy to try that out on though, if that was the case. Prov will always be dangerous but Timmy can (and will) do so much better if he sticks to his boxing and moving his head, concentrate on the body, and tire him out with his movement.

Comment

"These big guys" LMFAO.

Pac is smaller than him and Ruslan was a JWW.

Comment

Originally posted by x2sasa View Post
        yeah the difference is obvious, punching power! and both coming from 140 diaz should shut up
        lol i don't know what diaz is talking about...ruslan is a 140 lber (ranked #10 by ring mag). and didn't bradley outweigh ruslan by like 10 lbs on fight night? sure bradley can go down to ruslan's division where there is also rios, matthysse, khan and danny garcia...lol

bradley got beat by pac, got BEAT UP by ruslan and most likely will get retired by marquez or rios.

Comment

Great action fight! Bradley fought well, showed he can go toe to toe and was able to adjust and box well to keep a strong aggressive off of hicm.he sould stick to boxing his next fights. he don't have nothing to prove now, he earned my respect

Comment

Should Brad engage Provo Again, I think he'll be shell Shocked....

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
              Pretty much, Provo dragged him into it, people are trying to brush it off like Bradley wanted to go to war to entertain the fans....Eh nah.
              I respect your opinion, but if you watch the 1st round closely, it was Bradley who initiated the war. If you have followed Bradley's career, you would know that he never comes out like that. They went to war because Tim wanted to make a statement after all the bad criticism after the Pacquiao fight. It was a huge mistake on his part because he did not realize how strong and good Ruslan was. Also, that was the 1st fight for Tim in 9 months. He has fought only like 3 times in almost 2 years. His inactivity played a HUGE role in that fight. It finally caught up with him. Plus, for the 1st time in his career, he blowed up 80lbs in between camps. He killed himself making weight and was too top heavy with muscle in this fight. That's why his legs were gone so early. Ruslan put on a hell of a performance, but realistically, he should have been able to KO Tim under those conditions. Tim will not make the same mistakes in a rematch. He will be sharper and faster in the next one. He will make the adjustments in the ring and outbox, outclass, and cut Ruslan up. I have never seen any of Freddie Roach's fighters make adjustments. The same Ruslan will show up and give his best and still make it very interesting. It will be exciting but no where near as much as the 1st one.

Comment

Not convinced........

I am so tired of fighters, fans, and trainers making excuses when a fight plan goes out the window. The jury is STILL out on Bradley and every REAL fan knows it. He has a lot of heart and stamina BUT he isn't the smartest fighter. The Russian didn't ket him dance and look pretty in the same way Cotto didn't let Mayweather quick reflexes embarrass him last May. Don't be so easily mislead by what fighters say and what fans and trainers say. Do your research and KNOW what's really happening inside that ring. Bradley may never be the same after that fight. He was slurry and couldn't remember what he previously said. Fact of the matter is, he fought his heart out but took a beating from a very hard puncher.

Comment

Originally posted by 1PunchKOPOW! View Post
                  Everyone is talking about how Bradley will adjust but what about Ruslan? Do you guys think he had nothing to do with Bradley's gameplan? I remember Bradley boxing till he got clocked...

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
                  I think your memory is failing you,

I remember Bradley going toe to toe in round one and almost ge tknocked out. Similar scenario in round two.

Then I remember a wobbling, dizzy Bradley outboxing Provodnikov for 7 rounds in a row (with the exception of round 6, I think).

Comment

Bradley is gonna go back to a boring style... boo

Comment

Originally posted by B-Bomber
                      Quote:

Originally Posted by 1PunchKOPOW!

Everyone is talking about how Bradley will adjust but what about Ruslan? Do you guys think he had nothing to do with Bradley's gameplan? I remember Bradley boxing till he got clocked...

I think your memory is failing you,

I remember Bradley going toe to toe in round one and almost ge tknocked out. Similar scenario in round two.

Then I remember a wobbling, dizzy Bradley outboxing Provodnikov for 7 rounds in a row (with the exception of round 6, I think).
                      Bradley's best D when he gets hit = trading. That was the main reason why he took a beating. Everytime Ruslan hurt him he would go into exchange mode, instead of clinching or moving away. Y'all can blame Bradley and discredit Ruslan all you want but Ruslan had something to do with the way Bradley fought.

Comment

Working...
                      X