Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do yanks call it a world series when only 2 countrys play it?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do yanks call it a world series when only 2 countrys play it?

I dont understnad the yanks. They say the MLB is a world series yet only amrican teams plus a few candians actually play? Kind dumb aint it?

Also in the NFl they call the superbowl champs the world champions. How can that be when the yanks are the only ones who play American football.

MLB signs the best players from all over the world. All players that wanna make it "big" in baseball, come to the MLB. Americans, Dominicans, Puerto Ricans, Asians, Canadians, Panamanian, Venezuelan, Mexican, etc. The MLB has all kinds of nationalities playing in it.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      MLB signs the best players from all over the world. All players that wanna make it "big" in baseball, come to the MLB. Americans, Dominicans, Puerto Ricans, Asians, Canadians, Panamanian, Venezuelan, Mexican, etc. The MLB has all kinds of nationalities playing in it.
      /thread...

Comment

This is part of an answer from Answers.com that basically repeats what I said.

The MLB is the most prestigious league to play baseball. It is filled with the best players from all over the world from Asia, United States, Dominican Republic, and many other countries. Mlb scouts search for the best players around the world and offer them large contracts to join the club. When the playoffs are at the end there is nobody left except for two teams. This is called the world series because all that is left are two teams filled with the very best players form all over the world.

Comment

Someone didn't think this through before starting the thread.

Comment

Originally posted by johnm View Post
            Someone didn't think this through before starting the thread.
            I mean even if it was called something like "The United States Series" some one would've still bashed Americans by saying something like "How come Yanks call it the US Series when players from all over the world play in it, why are they so selfish and wanna make everything theirs? Why not call it the Word Series!? Not fair " LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
              I mean even if it was called something like "The United States Series" some one would've still bashed Americans by saying something like "How come Yanks call it the US Series when players from all over the world play in it, why are they so selfish and wanna make everything theirs? Why not call it the Word Series!? Not fair " LOL.
              You're exactly right.

Comment

I agree with ts, yes mlb has a lot of nationalitys in it but that's like saying its the world cup and only countries playing are england, germany and france. Stupid yanks.

Comment

Originally posted by dj emz View Post
                  I agree with ts, yes mlb has a lot of nationalitys in it but that's like saying its the world cup and only countries playing are england, germany and france. Stupid yanks.
                  You failed at trying to be like Rich Loc.

Comment

Originally posted by dj emz View Post
                    Then why don't all the countries gather around and try to change it if they care so much about what the US is naming their sports organization? Why instead they all wanna join? I mean baseball sucks right? baseball is not a sport? Why care about what they do or name themselves? Just watch your little soccer games and worry about the World Cup. Everybody knows that baseball is called "Americas greatest past time", players come to America for their opportunity to blow up and make money in baseball. A rookie makes at least $400k a year now in the MLB. For a very long time, America was the only country playing baseball at a professional and serious level and baseball lovers from all over the world know that MLB is their ultimate goal.

Comment

Working...
                    X