No announcement yet.

Official MLB Offseason Rumors/Trades/Signed Players Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sigrab jr View Post
    No way. Tex, Cano and A-Rod all deserve the Golden Glove for their respective position. Even Jeter has a case.

Cano: 3
    Teixeira: 3
    A-Rod: 7
    Jeter: 6

Barton: 10 errors

Also as a whole team, Yankees have the least errors in the MLB in 2010.

That means in the next MLB The Show they should be 1st place in defense
    Kev, defense is more than errors. Barton's UZR is 3x Tex's, and he won the fielders bible award for best defensive first baseman in all of baseball just last week (over Pujols). Tex is overrated, Barton should be a lock. A-Rod isn't even up for consideration, as he shouldn't be. Hudson will win 2nd base, Cano has no chance with his awful range (Ellis for the A's is just as good but won't win due to name recognition over an incumbent). Everyone knows it's a joke that Jeter ever was handed a gold glove for being famous.

Comment

Originally posted by Tengoshi View Post
      Kev, defense is more than errors. Barton's UZR is 3x Tex's, and he won the fielders bible award for best defensive first baseman in all of baseball just last week (over Pujols). Tex is overrated, Barton should be a lock. A-Rod isn't even up for consideration, as he shouldn't be. Hudson will win 2nd base, Cano has no chance with his awful range (Ellis for the A's is just as good but won't win due to name recognition over an incumbent). Everyone knows it's a joke that Jeter ever was handed a gold glove for being famous.
      I understand you hate the Yankees but come on although his offense was not what we're use to seeing, a ball hit around Tex was regularly an automatic out. You know how many games XBH's he denied? 3 errors at first base in 149 games is not overrated at all.

A-Rod's 7 errors is also seen as perfect. They don't call 3rd base "The Hot Corner" for no reason. You get the hardest line drives and groudballs hit at you at 3rd.

I've played 3rd, 2nd, and all outfield positions and trust me, 3rd base is the hardest fielding position after Catcher.
      Last edited by sigrab jr; 11-08-2010, 04:07 PM.

Comment

LOL at Hudson over Cano for 2nd base Gold Glove. Damn Tengoshi. I know you hate the Yankees but you are the illest Yankee hater I have ever come across in my entire life on computer or real life.

Comment

I understand you hate the Yankees but come on although his offense was not what we're use to seeing, a ball hit around Tex was regularly an automatic out. You know how many games XBH's he denied? 3 errors at first base in 149 games is not overrated at all.

A-Rod's 7 errors is also seen as perfect. They don't call 3rd base "The Hot Corner" for no reason. You get the hardest line drives and groudballs hit at you at 3rd.

I've played 3rd, 2nd, and all outfield positions and trust me, 3rd base is the hardest fielding position after Catcher.
          I meant defensively overrated, we're talking about gold gloves here. The reason they have so few errors is because they don't get nearly as many chances as the top fielders in the league. I would say Gardner is probably actually the best glove on the Yanks, but because he plays left field obviously he won't be up for consideration.

Longoria, Lopez, Kouz, Beltre, all the guys up for third, are better fielders than A-Rod.
          Last edited by Miburo; 11-08-2010, 04:18 PM.

Comment

LOL at Hudson over Cano for 2nd base Gold Glove. Damn Tengoshi. I know you hate the Yankees but you are the illest Yankee hater I have ever come across in my entire life on computer or real life.
            Hudson will win, he is the incumbent. Learn what UZR is, there's no point in even continuing this discussion since you know jack about fielding statistics. Cano has a negative UZR, Ellis and Hudson are near 10.

Comment

Tulowitski better beat Rollins for the Gold Glove. Rollins was injured all season. Tulo only had 10 errors the whole season plus made spectacular plays every night. Would be ridiculous if he didn't win it.

Comment

Originally posted by IncuFanovic View Post
                Tulowitski better beat Rollins for the Gold Glove. Rollins was injured all season. Tulo only had 10 errors the whole season plus made spectacular plays every night. Would be ridiculous if he didn't win it.
                It would be despicable if Rollins won again, Tulo should have it no contest in the NL.

Comment

Originally posted by Tengoshi View Post
                  Hudson will win, he is the incumbent. Learn what UZR is, there's no point in even continuing this discussion since you know jack about fielding statistics. Cano has a negative UZR, Ellis and Hudson are near 10.
                  We'll see who knows about what when the Gold Glove awards are given out.

Don't scream out injustice when Cano and Teixeira win the Gold Gloves.

Comment

We'll see who knows about what when the Gold Glove awards are given out.

Don't scream out injustice when Cano and Teixeira win the Gold Gloves.
                    If they win, it will be injustice (Tex worse than Cano though). The Gold Gloves are mostly a farce these days, fielders' bible is a better gauge. Not saying either are bad, they are both quite good, just not the best. The biggest snub of all is that Gutierrez is once again not even up for consideration despite clearly being the best outfielder in the major leagues with a 1.000 fielding percentage in center and insane range.

If you want my opinions on overall defensive rankings, A's have the best infield, Mariners have the best outfield, and perhaps the Rays had the best overall, averaging the two (Yanks would be a solid candidate as well).
                    Last edited by Miburo; 11-08-2010, 05:05 PM.

Comment

Reds should hopefully be picking up a couple in the NL (Phillips at 2B and Bruce for RF). Buerhle is a lock for pitcher else Arroyo would snag it.

Comment

Working...
                      X