P90X plus daily boxing workout?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P90X plus daily boxing workout?

Hey all,

First off, has anyone done the P90x program, and if so, what were your results?

I'm thinking of starting the program, which requires about 6 days a week, an hour each time. For anyone who has done the program, were you able to do it IN ADDITION to your daily boxing routine?

I'm thinking 45 minutes to an hour in the gym doing my boxing workout, and then doing the P90x. Almost everyday. Is that doable? I think it is, but just wondering if anyone has any real world experience.

I wouldn't consider dropping my boxing workout just to do P90x; no way.

Thanks!

People workout on top of boxing training all the time, it's not going to hurt you by doing it.

Just split up your workout and boxing training in different time of the day. So if you box at night, do your workout in the morning and vice versa. Or just workout on your off days from boxing.

P90X charges you X amount of money (I don't know how much) to basically tell you what muscle confusion is. Muscle Confusion is not a state secret and is a concept that has been around forever. Muscle Confusion is basically a concept which you switch your workouts never doing the exact same workout more than once, this in turn keeping your body constantly guessing by introducing new exercises, workouts, rep ranges, weights etc. Because the body never adapts you're going to see better results.

P90x basically charges your for a DVD set of different workouts. That's it. It also apparently comes with a diet plan. Which I think is more beneficial that the program itself since people apparently fail to realize most of your results come through nutrition and sleep.

You can probably find a download for P90x Torrent somewhere on the web, so you don't have to waste your money on it if it doesn't work.

Or simply just change up your workout routines more often.
    Last edited by TheNegation; 09-21-2009, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wanderlei_Silva View Post
      People workout on top of boxing training all the time, it's not going to hurt you by doing it.

Just split up your workout and boxing training in different time of the day. So if you box at night, do your workout in the morning and vice versa. Or just workout on your off days from boxing.

P90X charges you X amount of money (I don't know how much) to basically tell you what muscle confusion is. Muscle Confusion is not a state secret and is a concept that has been around forever. Muscle Confusion is basically a concept which you switch your workouts never doing the exact same workout more than once, this in turn keeping your body constantly guessing by introducing new exercises, workouts, rep ranges, weights etc. Because the body never adapts you're going to see better results.

P90x basically charges your for a DVD set of different workouts. That's it. It also apparently comes with a diet plan. Which I think is more beneficial that the program itself since people apparently fail to realize most of your results come through nutrition and sleep.

You can probably find a download for P90x Torrent somewhere on the web, so you don't have to waste your money on it if it doesn't work.

Or simply just change up your workout routines more often.
      Thanks for the informative response!

I'll give it a shot. I'll either do it in the mornings, or after my boxing workout if I still have energy left.

Thanks again!!

Comment

I just finished doing a round (13 weeks) and I'm on week 2 of another round of P90X lean version(more cardio based version). I was very pleased with the results. I lost a bunch of fat and my endurance/strength increased phenomally. I've played sports my entire life. Football and basketball mainly. I box recreationally meaning I just train and spar and I have no plans of doing any amateur or pro fights. And I have no concerns of making weight or anything. I tried to do both P90X and my normal boxing routine for 6 of the weeks and I began to feel like I was overtraining. I think you can modify it some and it will work with a boxing routine. The lean version as I mentioned is more cardio based and the normal P90X will try to maximize your musclebuilding.

Whether you do P90X or not IMO should be based on what you hope to get from it. If you wanna lose alot of weight it may not be the plan for you. Cause it will put muscle on you. And the number on the scale may not move as fast as you expect. But you will see a difference in the mirror. What I like most is that it's intense and you get alot done in 45mins to an hour. It does use the muscle confusion philosophy as mentioned by the previous poster. It has a wide range of workouts and movements. The most difficult workout on the set for me is the Yoga. If you want to try it, pm me and I'll see if I can put them up on megaupload so you can try it out. Won't hurt to try either way.

Comment

Thanks for the info!

Did you do the Classic routine the first time around? If so, what made you switch to the Lean now? I'm looking to get both muscle/definition, and losse some pounds but not much (like 10-15pounds or so; I'm about 190, and wouldn't mind going down to about 175 and lower my body fat). I read the Classic is the suggested routine for most men.

Did you see a drastic improvement, visually, with your body as some in the infomercial claim?

BTW, I think I have a source for the videos, but thanks very much for the offer!!!

Comment

I did the lean because I naturally carry a good bit of muscle. Probably just in the genes. So I wanted to actually lose fat and a lil' muscle too. My body had gotten kinda beefed up from weightlifting. And I wanted to slim down. I had actually tried the classic program for 4 weeks before and I started putting on muscle and it made me stop. May not be the case for you. Because I tend to add muscle fairly easily and actually added a couple lbs in the first month(it was muscle though). On the lean program I ended up maintaining all the muscle and losing several inches of fat. My wife and my jeans say the improvement is pretty drastic. And I didn't diet at all with it. Hard to diet with kids and wife that don't wanna/have to eat as clean. If you diet while on this program you will be pretty lean imo. At your size and only wanting to lost 10-15 lbs I'd say go with the Classic routine. Just keep in mind you may not see much weight come off in the first month or so. Cause you'll be replacing the lost fat with muscle, so the scale may not move. But by the end of month 2 you'll see it coming down. But then again if you're still doing a full boxing routine you may have early returns.

Comment

Thanks for your feedback, much appreciated!

Comment

I forgot to ask one thing.

I have a mat, and a chin up bar. From what I understand, all I need then are dumbbells, right? I'm not sure what to get. Is a pair of adjustable dumbbells up to 40 pounds each enough, or do I need more than that? Thanks.

Comment

Yeah you do need some dumbbells but you probably won't need that much weight. 40 lbs or less will probably be more than enough. Or get some bands. I prefer the bands myself.

Comment

Ok, cool. Thanks again for all of your help!

Comment

Working...
                    X