No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Report: Mikey Garcia Sues Top Rank in California Court

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
    What was the excuse for Garcia ducking Gamboa for the IBF back then?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
    So you wanted the 2010 prospect of the year to fight Gamboa when?

Comment

woah!

i did not see this coming.

i think chino maidana getting huge fights with GBP is probably a factor in this.

Comment

Well if what we've heard about the Pacman is true, arum has been shafting his fighters for quite some time,

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
          It's so easy to weed out the low IQ posters. Just look for the word "duck" whenever a fighter is embroiled in a financial/legal battle.
          The only thing that changes in NSB is the time and date.

Comment

Seems like this sort of thing keeps happening.
            Different fighter, same Bob Arum.

There are also rumors that the Chavez/GGG fight may be in jeopardy because Arum is forcing Chavez to sign a contract extension for the GGG fight and Chavez doesn't want to do that.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Pacquiao suing Arum in a few years, when it is revealed that Arum never came clean about how much money Pacquiao was truly generating.
            Last edited by JJRod; 04-16-2014, 08:12 AM.

Comment

What fighter has successfully won this type of legal battle?

Comment

Originally posted by jrrod02 View Post
                Seems like this sort of thing keeps happening.
                Different fighter, same Bob Arum.

There are also rumors that the Chavez/GGG fight may be in jeopardy because Arum is forcing Chavez to sign a contract extension for the GGG fight and Chavez doesn't want to do that.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Pacquiao suing Arum in a few years, when it is revealed that Arum never came clean about how much money Pacquiao was truly generating.
                When and if that ever happens. That may be the blow that knocks Arum outta boxing. Because then, he would be held 100% responsible for Floyd-Pac never happening.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                  woah!

i did not see this coming.

i think chino maidana getting huge fights with GBP is probably a factor in this.
                  Chino got Mayweather

Rios got Pacquiao

Donaire was being groomed to be a star for a while and is paid very well.

Mikey still has yet to land his first major fight. He has to be frustrated. He's making as much money as Zou Schming.

Comment

Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
                    I read the text of the lawsuit. If what Garcia alleges is true, then he is correct in saying that Top Rank has him involved in an indentured servitude contract. I hope he wins and is able to get away from Top Rank and hires Al Haymon as his advisor. That way, he will never be taken advantage of again.
                    That would be great! BUT as of date, Bob Arum has yet to loose a case vs a boxer.

Comment

I'm always inclined to side with the fighters on these kind of issues. He will be on the shelf for a while, but hopefully he can get what he wants.

Comment

Working...
                      X