No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sergey Tatevosyan Picks Lucian Bute Over Carl Froch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Sergey Tatevosyan Picks Lucian Bute Over Carl Froch

There were three common opponents between tonight’s contestants for the IBF super middleweight title. In 2011 both Carl Froch (28-2, 20 KOs) and Lucian Bute (30-0, 24 KOs) fought Glen Johnson, and while Froch struggled against the game veteran to a degree in June, the stylish Roman-Canadian easily outpointed him less than half a year later. The same year saw Bute using his competent bodypunching to score multiple knockdowns against then-EBU beltholder Brian Magee, stopping him in ten. It was Magee’s first loss since being brutally knocked out by an uppercut of… Froch – almost five years before that point.

[Click Here To Read More]

I was wondering who he picked

Comment

Who doesn't?!

Froch has the speed of a heavyweight, Bute is too fast and slick for him

Comment

is there anyone picking froch to win?

Comment

Magee also picked Bute for the win. Both common opponents pick Bute which is saying something.

Froch has problems facing fighters with good boxing abilities who like to move as we saw with Ward and Dirrell. He does relatively well against fighters that like to stay in the pocket and trade like Kessler, Johnson and Abraham.

Bute is a class above even though he hasn't faced the calibre of fighters that Froch has. But before the super six Ward hadn't stepped in the ring with anyone worth noting but his class came through just as I feel Bute's class will prevail against the Cobra.

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedKillz View Post
            many people actually

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedKillz View Post
              A lot of people, especially those like me who don't feel Bute will get a fair shake.

Comment

I told you Froch would expose Bute as a fraud!

Comment

Working...
                X