Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Khan and Maidana fans, let's hope it's a great fight!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very curious to see how Khan reacts if Maidana hits him clean on the jaw.

Comment

Maidana by KO, should be interesting though.

Comment

I was wrong, I Had Khan by TKO. Good fight, like Khan's old days of danger, speed and power, but bad habits back.

Luckily his chin has improved with the weight gain.

Comment

indeed,

it was a hell of a fight.

FOTY worthy

Comment

Originally posted by PainKiller View Post
            I was wrong, I Had Khan by TKO. Good fight, like Khan's old days of danger, speed and power, but bad habits back.

Luckily his chin has improved with the weight gain.
            I don't think his chin has improved alot, its just his overall defence. Against Prescott when he got caught he threw punches and went toe-to-toe like a mug. When Maidana caught him he done the sensible thing, which was to get on his bike, have his hands up and clinch when in punching range.

And lol, Khan and Pacman spar alot together and they're both suspect to the uppercut

Comment

He got dropped by limond. Who had like 5 ko's, gomez who was also from a smaller weight.

His def has improved, but he got hit a lot today, way too much. Infact he needs to go to uncle roger.

He took shots he would not have at 135 pit it that way.

He always had heart, always tries getting up, but his chin and top heavy body wasn't good at 135.

At 140, he is still skinny, but I guess not so drained.

Comment

Would have been better if Cortez wasn't the ref, he ruins fights. They should force a rematch and put a great ref in. If Steve Smoger was reffing Maidana would have won by knockout.

Comment

Originally posted by starkiller View Post
                  Would have been better if Cortez wasn't the ref, he ruins fights. They should force a rematch and put a great ref in. If Steve Smoger was reffing Maidana would have won by knockout.
                  Khan def should have been warned for clinches, if not get points deducted. He clinched wayyyy too much.

But how many fights has Cortez NOT ruined? They should just get Kenny Bayless in there, P4P the best referee.

Comment

Originally posted by PainKiller View Post
                    At 140, he is still skinny, but I guess not so drained.
                    Do you honestly believe those 5 pounds improved his chin? Khan has been getting the proper training, timing and nutrition ever since he joined Roach and Ariza's camp. He's being put through some hard physical work without being overtrained, something his British and Cuban team were very unexperienced in. Khan was never weight drained and I don't believe he ever said so himself.

He carried himself in an impressive fashion tonight and I wouldn't have expected him to do any differently. Much respect

Comment

Originally posted by Spirit View Post
                      Do you honestly believe those 5 pounds improved his chin? Khan has been getting the proper training, timing and nutrition ever since he joined Roach and Ariza's camp. He's being put through some hard physical work without being overtrained, something his British and Cuban team were very unexperienced in. Khan was never weight drained and I don't believe he ever said so himself.

He carried himself in an impressive fashion tonight and I wouldn't have expected him to do any differently. Much respect
                      Khan said maKing 135 was hard. That weight was there from amatuer days as a young teen...

Us once he had to go naked at the weigh in for 135.. Wazaa may have been happy but not good

Yes i agree he has better training, nutrition, but 135 for a toned 5 foot 10 guy wasn't good.

If he was at 126 or something as an amatuer then ok, but 135 and making it as a 21 year old isn't easy

Comment

Working...
                      X