They won't let me out
    They won't let me out

Comment

yeah!

down with rhodesia!

Comment

Good morning, Chris. Who's the man?

Who's the man? Erm... Man-del-a.

You met Nelson, of course. A humbling experience?

Yes [silence].

Erm, and was he aware of your pugilistic achievements?

Yes [more silence].

Right you are. Erm, who or what would you put in Room 101?

Who or what would you put in Room 101? Mandela. [Sensing a crossed wire or two, sparky Small Talk explains the premise of Room 101] Oh, oh, erm, racism. I am a sensitive, emotionally conditioned human being, and I have suffered racist abuse.

Well you'll hear no argument from Small Talk there, Chris. In it goes. Who was your hardest opponent?

Michael Watson. He just seemed to be a superman on the night [when they fought for the vacant WBO super-middleweight title in 1991] and I got battered for eight of 11 rounds. I'd actually given up in the sixth because I knew I couldn't win. But I needed to walk out on my feet and take my beating. I survived because I was beaten into a state of controlled madness, I suppose.

Two tough-nuts you never fought were Jamey Toney or Roy Jones Jnr. How do you think you would have fared if you had?

It would have been great for the public but had I fought them I would probably be walking around on my heels now. You would be fighting for your life with those men, but I would not have dodged them. They were never number-one contenders so the fights never happened, but I would not have dodged them.

You've spoken about taking your beating like a man, even when it's the mother and father of all kickings...

Yes, I have, because even if things are not going your way you can't just quit, that's a coward not a man. And that is not a man of integrity. The Watson fight was the worst beating I ever took in a ring, but I couldn't quit.

Why are you doing At Home With The Eubanks?

For many reasons. One is to show that I am not arrogant. A second is to show I have a sense of humour, which I think I have proven before, although this time it should stick. And thirdly, I suppose it's parenting skills, and the opportunity to show people how I think the skills of parenting should be encompassed.

That's the official line, then, but what about the money?

It was kind of an afterthought, actually, because what an artist does is perform their artistry. Now if they're successful, that brings along financial remuneration.

Hence Michael Barrymore rolling in the stuff. Have they finished filming?

Yes they have. They were filming for nine months. Were there times when I wished they weren't there? Yes, but I knew what I was getting and having a camera crew follow me around was probably the greatest privilege an entertainer can have. [Small Talk keeps the thought that he's started to sound like David Brent to itself and moves on]

How would you describe your sartorial style?

I would describe it as 19 World Championship wins. I'm not in a race or a competition with anyone else. As long as I'm not offending anyone then my dress sense should be my prerogative.

Your wife, Karron, was in the papers recently claiming you spend £2,700 on each suit, and £1,175 on jodhpurs. Can this be true?

Well my wife is not a liar, so why is that you are asking me to confirm what she says? [Eubank laughs, Small Talk doesn't]. My answer is that my wife does not tell fibs. We never talk about money anyway, it's quite vulgar.

Erm, we're not claiming she's a liar, but is it also true that your haircut costs you £250 and involves a barber flying down from Manchester?

My wife does not tell fibs. He's been flying down, on average, every 10 days for the last nine or 10 years.

That's a lot of money, £91,250 by Small Talk's reckoning. Have you ever tried a £5 cut at Mr Toppers?

What do they do?......

....http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2003...portinterviews

Comment

LOL, Eubank is such a ****. I've met him twice and both times he barely looked at me.

He was clearly scared.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Titchmarsh View Post
            LOL, Eubank is such a ****. I've met him twice and both times he barely looked at me.

He was clearly scared.
            Albophobia
            The fear of white people

Comment

I shared a cell with Nel
              Massive ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Solomon Mbae View Post
                I shared a cell with Nel
                Massive ****.
                I thought that you were him.

Comment