• Show
Clear All

• I was sacked said Graham

Billy Graham said he retired because he was sacked by Ricky Hatton
    http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...885935,00.html

Originally posted by alza1988 View Post
    Billy Graham said he retired because he was sacked by Ricky Hatton
    http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...885935,00.html
    Well maybe if Grahm would of told Hatton to not lunge in with his left hook he would still be employed

Comment

I can't see either Froch or Mayweather replacing him, so who else?

Comment

I'm ready for the same ******s who were saying Hatton needed to sack him and get Freddy Roach after the Mayweather fight to start criticising Hatton for lack of loyalty now.

I say "******s" because it's grasping on anything to make a mean point.

Personally I'm disappointed. I figured that Graham could stick around and be a part of it all, but he certainly didn't seem to be up to training Hatton at the highest level.

Comment

Billy Graham says he has retired because he was sacked by Ricky Hatton.

The trainer confirmed to his decision to call it quits on Tuesday following a meeting with the Hitman, ending their 11-year partnership.

Reports suggested that ill health - Graham's hand problems had been well-documented - were behind the retirement and Hatton's father and manager Ray told Sky Sports News the 'Father Time had caught up with him'.

Graham had always said he would call it quits when his number one fighter did, but has now revealed he is giving up earlier than planned, because he was sacked.

"I had said that it was always my intention to see out my time in boxing as Ricky Hatton's trainer," he told Britishboxing.net.

Meaning
          "I made the decision to accept the injuries that come with the role in order to retire with the fighter who I will always be remembered for. My retirement was brought forward because I was sacked from my role.

"I said I would leave with Ricky and wouldn't carry on in the sport after he had retired."

Hatton is now looking for a new trainer for his IBF world title fight with Paulie Malignaggi in November, with Lee Beard the leading candidate to assume the role in full, following Matthew Hatton's decision to use him - and not Graham - for his next fight.

Graham will bow out of the sport on Friday in Watford journeyman Ojay Abrahams' 100th and final fight and insists he is happy to be going out in that manner.

"The way things have panned out means I have brought my own retirement forward...in the end it worked out well because it means working with Ojay for his final fight has more meaning."

Comment

Originally posted by ALT-Assassin View Post
            Well maybe if Grahm would of told Hatton to not lunge in with his left hook he would still be employed
            Or walk into punches with his head.

Comment

Originally posted by raycorey View Post
              Billy Graham says he has retired because he was sacked by Ricky Hatton.

The trainer confirmed to his decision to call it quits on Tuesday following a meeting with the Hitman, ending their 11-year partnership.

Reports suggested that ill health - Graham's hand problems had been well-documented - were behind the retirement and Hatton's father and manager Ray told Sky Sports News the 'Father Time had caught up with him'.

Graham had always said he would call it quits when his number one fighter did, but has now revealed he is giving up earlier than planned, because he was sacked.

"I had said that it was always my intention to see out my time in boxing as Ricky Hatton's trainer," he told Britishboxing.net.

Meaning
              "I made the decision to accept the injuries that come with the role in order to retire with the fighter who I will always be remembered for. My retirement was brought forward because I was sacked from my role.

"I said I would leave with Ricky and wouldn't carry on in the sport after he had retired."

Hatton is now looking for a new trainer for his IBF world title fight with Paulie Malignaggi in November, with Lee Beard the leading candidate to assume the role in full, following Matthew Hatton's decision to use him - and not Graham - for his next fight.

Graham will bow out of the sport on Friday in Watford journeyman Ojay Abrahams' 100th and final fight and insists he is happy to be going out in that manner.

"The way things have panned out means I have brought my own retirement forward...in the end it worked out well because it means working with Ojay for his final fight has more meaning."
              Was this for the benefit of people who don't know how to click on links?

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                Was this for the benefit of people who don't know how to click on links?

LOL yeah exactly...Green K would be appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by mojack View Post
                  Or walk into punches with his head.
                  He did give some good corner advice and its better than having Enzo in your corner.You can't understand a word of what he says,he sounds like Ozzy Osbourn on speed.

Comment

Originally posted by ALT-Assassin View Post
                    He did give some good corner advice and its better than having Enzo in your corner.You can't understand a word of what he says,he sounds like Ozzy Osbourn on speed.
                    That's because he's an Italian plumber.

Enzo

Luigi

Comment

Working...
                    X