Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When did Robin Leach become a credible boxing journalist?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When did Robin Leach become a credible boxing journalist?

Take With a Grain of Salt: Mayweather says he's planning fight in Dubai

by Scott Christ on Aug 24, 2010 3:46 AM EDT in News Analysis
    10 comments

OK, before anyone starts taking this too seriously, let's get this all straight.

1.It's Floyd Mayweather Jr.
    2.It's Dubai. Boxing people have been talking about holding these enormous events in Dubai and Macau and all over the damn place for years now. We're still waiting.
    3.It's coming from Robin Leach. Yes, that Robin Leach. "Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous" Robin Leach. I don't have anything in the world against Robin Leach, but in a lot of ways he's a carny. He's a gossip columnist now.

But anyway, Leach says Mayweather plans to announce his next fight soon, and that it will be in Dubai:

He told me that he was getting ready to fight again and that the bout would be in Dubai. "We’ll announce it all very soon," he told me. "But this time it won’t be in Vegas. It will be in another desert kingdom: Dubai."

"It will be in another desert kingdom" doesn't sound like something Floyd Mayweather Jr. says, but then what do I know, maybe that's how he talks when cameras are off and only Robin Leach is going to report on what he's saying.

I'm just passing it along for those interested. Most of you are free to carry on. But if my tone isn't making this clear, I'll do another set of three:

1.He's not going to announce a fight any time soon.
    2.He's not going to fight in Dubai.
    3.Mayweather says lots of things to lots of people. He told some kids he wasn't going to fight again for a year or two, for instance.
    Take nothing serious from this. There is also news about Joan Collins, Bob Dylan, and master magician Lance Burton.

You can't exactly blame Leach for saying it (if it were true).

Must be the jewelry Floyd's dangling just left him...mesmerized.

Comment

Originally posted by LeeVanCleef View Post
      You can't exactly blame Leach for saying it (if it were true).

Must be the jewelry Floyd's dangling just left him...mesmerized.

i don't blame leach for saying it because it brings him a lot of attention. whens the last time you heard about leach?

i just dont think that floyd really mean this because floyd says a lot of things and we know 90% is not true. he said if manny took the tests they would fight and manny agreed to all the terms and then he said he wont fight manny.

i dont think floyd will make a announcement to robin leach the first time they meet

Comment

Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
        i don't blame leach for saying it because it brings him a lot of attention. whens the last time you heard about leach?

i just dont think that floyd really mean this because floyd says a lot of things and we know 90% is not true. he said if manny took the tests they would fight and manny agreed to all the terms and then he said he wont fight manny.

i dont think floyd will make a announcement to robin leach the first time they meet
        Smoke and mirrors, I suppose. I'm glad I didn't have to hear that announcement from Leach himself, that voice is obnoxious.

Floyd just wants attention. Who better to give that soundbite aside from his closest advisers and Don King?

Robin ******* Leach.

Comment

Working...
        X