• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• interesting match up bradley vs cotto @140

who wins this fantasy match up at 140?

i think cotto ko's him at 140

opps feel free to move this thread to "fantasy fights section"

What's with all the Cotto hype? He really wasn't that good at 140. Bradley would have beat him comfortably.

Comment

I believe Cotto brutalises Bradley.

Bradley doesn't have the power to hurt Cotto. Their strength would have been on par. Cotto's body shots would have been a huge factor. Cotto is the sharper, more accurate puncher.

In my eyes, Cotto wins easy.

Comment

Originally posted by timbatron View Post

Bradley doesn't have the power to hurt Cotto. Their strength would have been on par. Cotto's body shots would have been a huge factor. Cotto is the sharper, more accurate puncher.

Bradley doesn't have the power? Malignaggi rocked Cotto at 140. Bradley has a very good chin and high workrate, Cotto had the opposite at 140. Unless Cotto caught Bradley early there would be only one winner and his name is Bradley.

Comment

At 140lb Cotto would have been owned by Bradley...Bradley to good boxing ability and Cotto unable to take punches would have lead to Cotto's demise imo...Remember,Cotto beat nobody of note at 140lb and always showed to have a very weak chin at 140lb..

Oh and before I get the Bradley has no power comment..Go look at how many fighters were on the canvas that Bradley put there at 140lb...

Comment

Originally posted by timbatron View Post

You can't be serious...

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
              You can't be serious...
              Deadly serious. What do you object with?

Bradley doesn't have the power to put Cotto away at 140 or any other weight for that matter. If the mule fisted Torres couldn't put Cotto away at 140, Timothy Bradley sure as hell isn't.

And the only reason Cotto doesn't have any great wins at 140 is because all the big fights happened to be at 147. Still Cotto was stopping guys like Bailey, Torres, and Corley, while others were scraping past them. Still, his wins at 147 which include Judah, Mosely, Clottey, and Quintana, are more impressive than any of Bradley's wins at the same weight (Pacquaio doesn't count in my eyes).

Bradley isn't anywhere near Mayweather's level and was given a horrible gift against Pacquaio. Beating the likes of Alexander by TD and Peterson doesn't make you the favourite against one of the most tough and well rounded boxers of the 2000's. Cotto takes Bradley's wide looping punches and busts him up in return with his superior jab, body shots, and left hook.

Ok, Bradley might win a few rounds, but over the course of the whole fight, he would get punished and possibly stopped late on.

Comment

bradley takes the decision.

cotto was good and his strength and power means he is dangerous at 140 but i think bradley is too quick and skilled. sooner or later he would connect and cotto would wobble.

Comment

Cotto, too strong, too powerful and too skilled. Timbo is tenacious and has some skills though and should see it to the finish

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
                    Bradley doesn't have the power? Malignaggi rocked Cotto at 140. Bradley has a very good chin and high workrate, Cotto had the opposite at 140. Unless Cotto caught Bradley early there would be only one winner and his name is Bradley.
                    Thats myth, didnt happen. Also ur talking about a weight drained version of Migs at 140, he had a solid chin there before weight making caugfht up with him - he took a flush right hand from Randall Bailey didnt he

Comment

Working...
                    X