Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why was Fernando Vargas never the same fighter after the Felix Trinidad loss? Can...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
    Vargas really thought that he was a bully and a tough guy.

Titio took that away from him, no more bully confidence.

There is an interview before the fight that Vargas claims that he was a school bully and a street bully.
    Are you glad Vargas lost to Trinidad the way he did?

Comment

honestly, though ... it's because vargas fought a rican who just didn't lose to mexican's.

it is what it is. low blows, yeah, those happen ... but you don't hinge a career on one loss other than that loss coming at the hands of a proven guy. or, are you that weak?

tito was proven.

Comment

Originally posted by punchr View Post
        I found an excellent video on this topic. Props to Bigpoppapump.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yZ7Bh7kZJc

Loved that line at the end about people trying to live their dreams through their children because they never did **** with their own lives. Harsh but true.

"Fuck that, I already lived my dream."

Comment

Next thread: how could Hopkins ... Smash Tito & DLH, without much difficulty!!!

Make that thread, or I will!!!

Shredded them both like waste paper!! Just saying!!! You know!!

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
            Loved that line at the end about people trying to live their dreams through their children because they never did **** with their own lives. Harsh but true.

"Fuck that, I already lived my dream."
            Great video! Why can't other fighters be like this??? No tight socks... Excuses!

Comment

Originally posted by punchr View Post
              Are you glad Vargas lost to Trinidad the way he did?
              Didn't care either way, just wanted to see a good fight.

Vargas mentality was that he was a bully and Trinidad mentality in that fight was that Vargas was a rookie

Comment

Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
                I talked to Vargas on my recent trip to Vegas about his fight with Tito. He told me that Tito's punches felt like baseball bats and that it was really suspect. Said he only remembers fragments of the fight. He also recalls Tito's people DENYING Vargas team to check his hand wrapping before the fight. I plan on going to Vegas this year again and hopefully I'll record it. It was a very interesting conversation, dude is cool as ****.
                I would not be surprised about the comments but YOU have ZERO credibility.

I'll take it like a grain of salt.

Comment

He was a kid fighting an all time great in his prime...the low blows didnt help...not did him being susceptible to the left hook...he often kept his right hand too far in front of his face instead of by right side of his chin, cheek or just under his chin prepped to block it.....ironically he was knokced out by Mosley and ODLH with the same shot

Had he fought some guys with decent lefts before trinidad with a lil less power, he'd have been better prepared

He just happened to be a young kid in a very good era....from 147-154 there was Tito, ODLH, Quartey, Forrest, Mosley, Castillejo, Winky Wright etc...he won some and lost some

They moved him to fast.....I thought he was in over his head vs Quartey but he proved me wrong

Comment

Working...
                  X