Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Little Rigo says he's too small for Lomachenko.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In his defense he probably is too small for this fight that and you could argue their is better fights waiting for him once Quigg and Frampton gets finished.

In terms of paydays Quigg and Frampton are much better than Loma.

Comment

where did he say that? all he said was that they aren't in the same weight class (122 and 126) i don't think a rehydratation limit is a big deal btw, the ibf has it. right? 10 lbs?

Comment

Originally posted by PBP. View Post
        But Lomachenko says he's too small for Walters. What you have in boxing is fighters acting like *****es from every angle and fans taking sides of who they like better even though their guy is guilty of the same bull****.

Fact:

Your favorite fighter is scared to move up
        Your favorite fighter wants fights for the highest reward for the least amount of risk
        Your favorite fighter wants every advantage possible
        Seems that way

Comment

It's one thing to give up size to a bigger fighter when that fighter is slower and/or less technically sound. But to give up size to a guy who is as fast and/or as skilled it's just asking for a bad night.

Donaire was pretty much just a head hunter at 122lbs when Rigo fought him. At 126lbs, Lomo has a lot of the same skill levels that Rigo has, then throw in the size advantage. At 122, Rigo looks maxed out to what his body can move up to, and Lomo looks like he'd be fine at 130, maybe even 135 in a few years.

Fans drool about the skill match-up because it's close at an elite level, but Rigo's conceding a significant physical disadvantage. I can't blame him for wanting certain compensation for this. Also, I think Lomo already agreed to the rehydration limit. He came into his most recent fight at 134.5lbs.

Comment

I'd love to see it but Rigo isn't a big 122lber. Loma is a real stretch.

Comment

And to those that think I'm defending Loma I've called out Loma on the bull**** he's pulled he should move up to 130 he has no meaningful fight at 126 since Rigo is too small for Loma he has to move up to 130

Comment

Originally posted by PBP. View Post
                So instead he wastes a fight on a hot dog vendor? That doesn't make any sense. Every fighter is the same. You're just going to defend the one's you like better.
                I don't like Lomachenko better. I didn't even watch his last fight. I'd say I prefer Rigo as a fighter.

Just calling it as I see it. They were negotiating this fight and Rigo's demands were all met. Now it's "I'm a 122lber". So why were you negotiating the fight?

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
                  It's one thing to give up size to a bigger fighter when that fighter is slower and/or less technically sound. But to give up size to a guy who is as fast and/or as skilled it's just asking for a bad night.

Donaire was pretty much just a head hunter at 122lbs when Rigo fought him. At 126lbs, Lomo has a lot of the same skill levels that Rigo has, then throw in the size advantage. At 122, Rigo looks maxed out to what his body can move up to, and Lomo looks like he'd be fine at 130, maybe even 135 in a few years.

Fans drool about the skill match-up because it's close at an elite level, but Rigo's conceding a significant physical disadvantage. I can't blame him for wanting certain compensation for this. Also, I think Lomo already agreed to the rehydration limit. He came into his mi ost recent fight at 134.5lbs.
                  Yeah I think he too small too but if you're going to call out a fighter you can't just comeback with that poor excuse.

Comment

"They better keep their heads up. Make sure you they hi to your superiors. Your daddy Chacal is back."- Rigo

WAR RIGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

For a guy who cries about how nobody wants to fight him or how he can't get big fights, he sure does turn down lots of opportunities!

Comment

Working...
                      X