Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boycott Floyd's fight, whos joining the wagon?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
    How is he going to fight sergio or jmm/bradley winner in sept? So the only credible ppv quality opponent for floyd right now is canelo in ur mind? Can I inquire why?
    I'm confused to why he can not fight anyone of the opponents I've named..Bradley and Marquez have both shown they will tell Bob to jump-off a cliff..Martinez is not signed to TR he should be easy to make a fight with..Alvarez has shown very good ability against a creditable opponent,Alvarez deserves a shot..It's really not hard to understand..So pardon me for thinking it's a bit odd why you even ask why Alvarez is a creditable opponent??

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
      I didn't buy Mayweather-Guerrero, even though I really enjoyed the card from top to bottom, but people need to understand we're a very small fraction of the PPV buyers, very small. All GBP have to do is make sure Mayweather is fighting a credible opponent, whether minds have changed now or not, that was Mosley, Cotto, Ortiz and recently Guerrero. That right there allows the fight to get the media's backing, which is why you rarely heard anyone, except on these boards, shit on Mayweather-Guerrero. If the Canelo fight doesn't happen next, which it's obviously not gonna happen next, he may face the winner of Peterson-Matthysse.
      Which is funny,cause I would have felt Mayweather vs Peterson to be a more legit fight then mayweather Guerrero..

Comment

This Again? HAHAHA

Boycott on a Boxing Forum is HILARIOUS because most of the **** talking trolls on the internet don't buy PPV's anyway which is why all the Boycotts usually FAIL!

Casual Fans buy PPV's, people who are busy working so they don't have time to get on the internet and b1tch and complain all day about every little thing like some fans
        Last edited by KnockUTheFukOut; 05-12-2013, 11:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
          Which is funny,cause I would have felt Mayweather vs Peterson to be a more legit fight then mayweather Guerrero..
          We'll see if Peterson can legitimize that fight against Matthysse though. Peterson would make things very interesting in the pocket, but Floyd especially now that he's with Sr. is more of a pure boxer now as we saw.

Comment

good for u guys

Comment

Yeah because you judge a whole career on four statements.

He picks his opponents just like srl and odh did when they were the cash cow and everyone was calling them out. Fact is gatti looked like corrales who llooked like castillo who looked like ghost who looked like brussels who looked like genaro who looked like jmm who looked like insery name here.

If you like boxing there is no one better than floyd. If you don't like ppv's where you know the outcome then there is no ppv that shouldve been purchased in a long time.
              At the end of his career, Oscar fought guys like Floyd and a bigger Hopkins. Right? I think those 2 had better odds of winning their fights than all of Floyd's career. Throughout his career he fought other fighters where the opponent had decent odds.

SRL fought guys that Floyd can only fantasize about because he would be to busy trying to derail those fights SUCCESSFULLY!

Sorry but the above players that you mentioned at least fought very good competition to the point that what you say is irrelevant.

PPV: I watch almost all but I do have some connections. For those that need to spend their hard earned cash, they need to be selective. One will prefer a competitive fight over one that is not. Perhaps, a KO artist like Tyson may be the exception to the rule but you get my point.

I get people paying because they are a fan and don't care about the outcome but again, most prefer competitive fights. Man, just look at the threads here and you will see all the complaining about bad non-competitive fights versus those that we all want to see.

Comment

Quit Trolling you Bimbo

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
                  We'll see if Peterson can legitimize that fight against Matthysse though. Peterson would make things very interesting in the pocket, but Floyd especially now that he's with Sr. is more of a pure boxer now as we saw.
                  Very true,I've wanted to see Floyd fight Peterson for sometime tbh..I knew Guerrero would get discourage..I've always seen that in him..Peterson will not,Peterson will be pushing Floyd from rd 1 to 12..But ya right,Peterson has to legitimize this fight first..

Comment

The problem with the phrase challenging yourself is what you really mean is take a fight I don't think he can win. So you are basing purchasing the ppv on that. But you not thinking he will lose is testament to his greatness rather than a lack of good matchmaking. You posted that floyd has to fight sergio for you to buy it. What is wrong with the fighters at his weight?

With other ppv's do you have that expectation or is entertainment value enough?

The only fights you realistically don't think he can win are all against much heavier fighters. Canelo will be a 4-1 or 5-1 underdog. Why would you buy that and not other bouts with the same odds?
                    Yea I would base my purchasing a PPV fight of Floyd's on the fact I think he may truly lose. I'm not going to buy something I know he's predestined to win. And me not wanting to buy his PPVs is a treatment to how good he is and knowing he will win. Being that I know he is a great fighter and one of the best of this era and an all time great (top 25 maybe better)I will hold him to a different standard. He's proved himself against his personal choices of opponents, now it's time to truly step up and see how far your greatness goes. It is about testing yourself. He has money for life and them some but as a potential paying customer I wont or will not buy until its a fight fans and the world truly clamer for.

IMO PPV boxing is bad for boxing all around and it's been the downfall of boxing in the mainstream. If y'all want to extend the boycott to all PPVs I'm up for it. But for me Floyd is on that level where I want to see him do historical challenges and I won't buy until he fights a fight that matters historically.

Comment

I won't purchase a Floyd PPV cause I will be there live

Comment

Working...
                      X