No announcement yet.

Has Mayweather lost his p4p spot?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has Mayweather lost his p4p spot?

I think everyone can agree he is no longer number one. After seeing the way he got pushed by a faded Cotto I think he would have got stopped back in 2007.
    No
    34.21%
    Yes
    65.79%

Originally posted by NoLove View Post
    I think everyone can agree he is no longer number one. After seeing the way he got pushed by a faded Cotto I think he would have got stopped back in 2007.
    I think it's safe to say neither Cotto or Floyd are in their prime anymore.

Comment

I rank Marquez at 1, Ward at 2 and Floyd at 3.

Originally posted by Spiegelo View Post
      I think it's safe to say neither Cotto or Floyd are in their prime anymore.
      Floyd doesn't age!

Comment

Originally posted by NoLove View Post
        Stopped by Cotto?

Comment

Andre Ward is no.1 for me. He totally dismantled the best opponents in a very strong division. Arguably just as dominant as Wlad is at Heavyweight

Comment

No one has done enough to pass him. As for Cotto, how do u know how much the Floyd fight took out of him? Trout is also a lot bigger and he boxed all night. Floyd went toe to toe. The Trout fight does nothin to drop Floyd imo but at the same time I don't think people fully care about p4p all that much anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Capaedia View Post

Floyd doesn't age!
              He's aging well, but his footwork isn't where it used to be. It also looks like he takes more breaks in there. I'd have him p4p #2 behind Ward, maybe #3-4 due to inactivity.

Comment

Originally posted by Money_May View Post
                Stopped by Cotto?
                it's funny how easy people forget about the polls back in 07-08...over 40% of this board including numerous boxing critics believed cotto could stop floyd...back in the day cotto was perceived as a beast who kept sharpening up on his boxing skills and got better with every fight now that he's got 4 losses people forget about all that
                Originally posted by Capaedia View Post

Floyd doesn't age!
                I don't even rank marquez in the top 3 as he's shown no indication of being able to beat top fighters with the sheer exception of pacquiao...if he'd beat someone like bradley or khan back when he had two belts I'd rank him #2 but he never wanted to fight khan and doesn't want to fight bradley either

right now for me it's: 1. ward, 2. floyd, 3. martinez

ward is #1 because in the last 3 years he's faced and beaten better opposition than floyd (won the lineal 168 title and cleaned up the division followed by beating the lineal 175 champion)...past accomplishments will only hold to a certain point if ur opposition is weaker and ortiz, mosley and cotto simply aren't as good a wins as kessler, froch and dawson

Comment

i have always been of the opinion that you have to lose the title by losing...but Mayweather is partially retired so it's hard to use that line of thinking with him.

Ward is my number one. In fact, Ward is as dominant as Floyd USED to be.

Comment

Floyd or Ward is P4P Number 1 for me. Flip of the coin really.

Comment

Working...
                    X