No announcement yet.

After watching Mares and Rigondeax's last few fights I'm convinced that

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
    He won't need to be the aggressor because Mares is gonna come right to him. I don't think non-stop pressure will be the right strategy. Donaire is most definitely a harder puncher than Moreno, so I doubt Mares would pressure him like he did to Moreno.
    exactly. Donaire is a outside puncher. he needs his distance in order for his punch to have that something something. Mares rush forward like a dumb truck and keep it on him for 12 rounds and showing him different thing from time to time like he did moreno it wont matter how hard donaire hit cause donare wont be able to land cleanly.

Comment

Vic Darchinian told me what I needed to know about the difference between Mares and Donaire.

Comment

Mares is tailor made for Donaire, whose quick at realizing his opponents weaknesses

he'll never pressure Nonito without thinking he'll get ktfo if he gets careless

Comment

Originally posted by johncods View Post
          I think mares will actually give Donaire a fight. other than him. Nobody ****s with Donaire at 122. He is a class above the rest.
          Moreno has no power so when he counter which mares doesn't hurt. That same bull rushing head down throwing punches will get him knock the **** out. Donaire is faster and has one punch knock out power.

Comment

Mares would get KO against Nonito unless he fights a different style, if he goes in and apply that "Pressure" style then it makes it all easy for Nonito.

Comment

Mares better get in and get out. He has decent speed and awkwardness to his style. Pressuring Nonito is suicide. I will say this. Regardless of what I said in the thread starter...Mares DOES have a small chance to out box Donaire. I just don't think that he can.

Comment

Donaire keeps fighting guys that have no chance. We want competitive fights, not a sure thing fight. Mares-Moreno was a competitive fight, we want more of those.

Comment

mares would most likely provide donaire with alot of counter punching opportunities ...I could see donaire winning by UD or mid to late TKO.

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg View Post
                    exactly. Donaire is a outside puncher. he needs his distance in order for his punch to have that something something. Mares rush forward like a dumb truck and keep it on him for 12 rounds and showing him different thing from time to time like he did moreno it wont matter how hard donaire hit cause donare wont be able to land cleanly.
                    that's what darchinyan did and look what happened to him. donaire is an explosive counter puncher with very good handspeed. he's good at reading and anticipating his opponent's attack. pressuring donaire is a bad idea because it makes him more dangerous. it's when his opponent fights tentatively that makes donaire vulnerable because he tends to abandon his gameplan and becomes reckless.

Comment

Agree with this analysis of Donaire

Originally posted by brick wall View Post
                      that's what darchinyan did and look what happened to him. donaire is an explosive counter puncher with very good handspeed. he's good at reading and anticipating his opponent's attack. pressuring donaire is a bad idea because it makes him more dangerous. it's when his opponent fights tentatively that makes donaire vulnerable because he tends to abandon his gameplan and becomes reckless.
                      I was not impressed with Mares or Moreno in their fight. I actually think that Donaire would have more trouble with Moreno because he is more of a boxer, and in Donaire's past showings, he tends to get impatient. Maybe he will work on this on his next fights because it seems to be his vulnerability.

Mares is a strong and aggressive kid, but he doesn't have the accuracy, defense and finesse, so his style is perfect fodder for Donaire.

In order to beat Donaire, I think you will have to have better boxing fundamentals and then be a step better on the power side.

Comment

Working...
                      X