Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guinness Makes An Error About Pacquiao's Accomplishments

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opal getting owned in his own thread lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
      You keep saying agreeing he held 2 lineal titles, yet then say he only held 6 belts in a record that says he held 8 titles
      ouch....

game, set and match.

Comment

• LOL guys go eays on him or else he'll stop delighting us with his crappy Windows Movie Maker videos.

Comment

• The Ultimate Encyclopedia of Boxing has Pac only with 6 titles also. Didn't read this entire thread, so pardon if i repeated that.

The Ring belt is always been a polarizing issue with fans. For example, Mike Tyson even after he won world titles from Berbick(WBC), Bonecrusher Smith (WBA), and Tucker (IBF) didn't beat Spinks who was the RIng (lineal) champ. So some regarded Spinks who beat larry Holmes (although i thought he loss rematch) as the true HW champion.

After Tyson finished Spinks in 91 seconds than he was finally the undisputed champion.

I just go by the four major sanctioning bodies, but i won't lose sleep if you want to add the lineal title, its very subjective.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr.0pal View Post
            Boxrec use to have Manny recorded as winning 8 official world titles. Guess what... they changed it after they were informed of their error.

I tell you what... write Boxrec and Top Rank and plead with them using your personal interpretations that you've shared here. Let me know when they are hit with your enlightenment and change their presentations.
            It's not my personal interpretation.

He has either a Major sanctioning Body belt or a Lineal Title in 8 different weight classes.

And that's a fact.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bombs View Post
              Opal getting owned in his own thread lol.
              Owned how? Enlighten me. No.... not just me... enlighten Top Rank also. Later you can enlighten Boxrec. After Top Rank and Boxrec are enlightened, wiki info will be changed.

Tell all of us exactly when the Ring and IBO became official world titles.

Two "top contenders" fighting with one being awarded a belt by a magazine.... tell me when that became an official world title.

Then explain the IBO. Do this so I'll understand how he's won 8 world titles.

Comment

• Originally posted by HaglerSteelChin View Post
                The Ultimate Encyclopedia of Boxing has Pac only with 6 titles also. Didn't read this entire thread, so pardon if i repeated that.

The Ring belt is always been a polarizing issue with fans. For example, Mike Tyson even after he won world titles from Berbick(WBC), Bonecrusher Smith (WBA), and Tucker (IBF) didn't beat Spinks who was the RIng (lineal) champ. So some regarded Spinks who beat larry Holmes (although i thought he loss rematch) as the true HW champion.

After Tyson finished Spinks in 91 seconds than he was finally the undisputed champion.

I just go by the four major sanctioning bodies, but i won't lose sleep if you want to add the lineal title, its very subjective.
                "Some" didn't regard him the Champion. Spinks was the Champion. Fact.

That's because regardless to Tyson having 3 Titles at that particular time, Micheal Spinks was still the Lineal Champion so until Tyson beat him he wasn't THE Champion. Despite having 3 or the 4 Alphabet Titles.

Comment

• *******s gone wild

No stop exposing our baby Manny

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr.0pal View Post
                    Owned how? Enlighten me. No.... not just me... enlighten Top Rank also. Later you can enlighten Boxrec. After Top Rank and Boxrec are enlightened, wiki info will be changed.

Tell all of us exactly when the Ring and IBO became official world titles.

Two "top contenders" fighting with one being awarded a belt by a magazine.... tell me when that became an official world title.

Then explain the IBO. Do this so I'll understand how he's won 8 world titles.
                    well the ring belt has been official since the 20's man

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                      "Some" didn't regard him the Champion. Spinks was the Champion. Fact.

That's because regardless to Tyson having 3 Titles at that particular time, Micheal Spinks was still the Lineal Champion so until Tyson beat him he wasn't THE Champion. Despite having 3 or the 4 Alphabet Titles.
                      Like i said this is subjective. Why? Because the ring belt is never stripped. Michael Spinks had the IBF title, but he was stripped, because he REFUSED to fight TOny TUcker who was undefeated at the time. In fact, he was the guy that gave Tyson the most problems at the time and took him 12 rounds and nicked four rounds from him.

Essentially, a ring champ or lineal champ is never stripped. Sometimes, they have legit reasons to ignore a mandatory defense, other times they get stripped for flat out ducking.

Tyson had the WBC,WBA, and IBF titles and he also beat Larry Holmes the guy many felt was the real champ after losing the gift decision to Spinks in the rematch.

Like i said, after 91 seconds Spinks and his "lineal" title were finally gone after ducking Tucker and getting his gift rematch win.
                      Last edited by HaglerSteelChin; 10-30-2011, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X