Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the Donald's chances of winning the presidency??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trump has a pretty good chance to win the GOP nomination but that's it. He'd get crushed in the general election because he's disliked by everyone except his ******ed followers.

Comment

This is all we need in a President:

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
        Experienced in what?

Except for a few years as an attorney (where she laughed about getting a child rapist off on a technicality), all she's had are a bunch of Government jobs, and she's failed at all of those.

A shift manager at McDonald's has more private sector experience than Hillary. That's not good.
        Did you even read my full comment?

Comment

Originally posted by Vilicious86 View Post
          Did you even read my full comment?
          Yes, I did. None of what you mentioned was relevant private sector experience.

Now I'm sure some will disagree, but I don't consider holding political office as relevant experience when it comes to one's ability to grow our private sector based economy.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
            Yes, I did. None of what you mentioned was relevant private sector experience.

Now I'm sure some will disagree, but I don't consider holding political office as relevant experience when it comes to one's ability to grow our private sector based economy.
            The odd thing is that there are plenty of highly successful people with private sector experience that you would strongly oppose. In other words, you think a representative should a) have private sector experience, b) believe the same things as you about the economy. Although we both know that you would happily ignore requirement A as long as B is true. Interesting!

In other words, stop acting like private sector experience is a real requirement for you. It's not.
            Last edited by samouraļ; 01-26-2016, 10:48 PM.

Comment

I agree that it's not necessary to have been highly successful in the private sector as a perquisite for public office. It's more of a anti-career politician thing then anything else. Since the economy is a major thing in politics and politicians are jockeying for power to control the economy and/or push a certain agenda upon the economy [i.e. increasing the minimum wage, income bracket A pays this much VS income bracket B pays that much etc,.]...it feels better to know that someone is running for office who has had some skin in the game and knows how these things hurt the economy, as oppose to help it. Meanwhile the
              'career politician' [because that's all he/she does] will do what will hurt the economy regardless, if that politician thinks that it will help them get elected or give them a high approval rating while in office [so they can get reelected]

It would be one thing if The Government were a separate entity, separated from the Economy as a whole...you know kind of like the whole 'separation of church and state' thing that leftists like to talk about when they're on their Atheistic/secular high horse. If this were the case, then sure...elect the person whose background is a Masters Degree in Political Science, and local office held in their town. BUT IT'S NOT. What politicians do, effects the entire landscape, and the way things are created [or never created because of restrictive policies].

And finally, here is a real life example of a private sector Businessman who knows Economics, understands thepolitical economy and has the gift of the gab, testifying in front of Congress in a hearing about Jobs and economic policies:

Last edited by One_Tycoon; 01-26-2016, 11:43 PM.

Comment

Who do you trust more...a career politician whose entire bank account, career earnings, savings are largely made up of income from politics or related. Or a person like the guy in the video above.

He is even advocating term limits for every office so there is a high turnover rate, articulating that there should be no such thing as a career in politics. That it should be more like jury duty, or a tour in the military. You serve for a while and then you leave.

How many politicians who have served for more than one term are advocating for term limits? Very few...and most of them are former businessmen and they also happen to be Republican. But that's pure coincidence. I can't think of a reason why they can't also be Democrat [wink wink]

Comment

Originally posted by samouraļ View Post
                  Trump has a pretty good chance to win the GOP nomination but that's it. He'd get crushed in the general election because he's disliked by everyone except his ******ed followers.
                  he has a pretty good chance of being the nominee, i'm shocked at how fast the republicans have changed their position, they went from hating trump to 60% supporting him, it looks like he'll at least be the nominee. a battle between him and hilary resting b*tchface clinton will at least be interesting to watch

Comment

I can see him winning, Hillary is in deep trouble with that Bengazi shiieet.

Comment

The odd thing is that there are plenty of highly successful people with private sector experience that you would strongly oppose. In other words, you think a representative should a) have private sector experience, b) believe the same things as you about the economy. Although we both know that you would happily ignore requirement A as long as B is true. Interesting!
                      Please, do not make assumptions about me. Also, do not make strawman arguments for me either.

I'm quite capable of stating my beliefs. I don't need you to try and speak for me.

In other words, stop acting like private sector experience is a real requirement for you. It's not.
                      Actually it is. Like I said, don't try and speak for me again.

But since we're making assumptions, can we say you'll be voting for one of the candidates who has zero private sector experience and who is nothing but a career politician?

Comment

Working...
                      X