Scariest movie ever made?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Red Slider View Post
    Event Horizon.
    Event Horizon? That was unintentional comedy. "Where we're going, we don't need eyes to see"! They ripped off a quote from back to the future and put it into a horror movie. What gayness.

Comment

Gotta go with the Exorcist. First time I saw it, I was high at 2 in the morning with all the lights out. Creeped me the fuk out.

The first half of Insidious was pretty scary until the second half where they did what most horror movies do and started showing way too much and getting ridiculous with it. Another problem with it was casting Lin Shaye ( the old, ugly landlord from Kingpin) in a serious role. For the life of me, I will never be able to look at her in a serious light.

Comment

When i was 13 saw dawn of the dead at the movies, scared the fcuk out of me.

Haven't seen a movie since that has actually scared me, been desensitized for quite a while, i miss being scared.

Favorite horror films ever are the original The Thing with kurt Russell and the original Texas chainsaw massacre, i love those movies.

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Senormous View Post
          Gotta go with the Exorcist. First time I saw it, I was high at 2 in the morning with all the lights out. Creeped me the fuk out.

The first half of Insidious was pretty scary until the second half where they did what most horror movies do and started showing way too much and getting ridiculous with it. Another problem with it was casting Lin Shaye ( the old, ugly landlord from Kingpin) in a serious role. For the life of me, I will never be able to look at her in a serious light.

If you notice in the exorcist practically all the conversations are very quiet and soft, however it goes from soft to insanely loud with all the screaming, i love how they used that to their advantage. They make you pump up your volume just to hear what's being said then bam that bytch is screaming her head off.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
            If you notice in the exorcist practically all the conversations are very quiet and soft, however it goes from soft to insanely loud with all the screaming, i love how they used that to their advantage. They make you pump up your volume just to hear what's being said then bam that bytch is screaming her head off.
            That's right. Did that movie even have a score? I remember music during the opening credits but other than that, eerie silence. It was really effective.
            Last edited by Dixie Normis; 02-11-2014, 02:22 AM.

Comment

The movie with the kitchen knife wielding homicidal ginger doll gave me nightmares when I was a kid.

Comment

Everybody beat me to most of the ones I was going to post, but Poltergeist scared the **** out of me when I was 6

Comment

Halloween, The Fog, The Exorcist.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post

Side note, The Conjuring was wayyyy overrated. It was decent, but after all the hype it got last year, I expected more.
                    I agree. Wildly overrated. Hell I think the damn trailer was as scary as the movie itself lol

Comment

The Exorcist is a classic, it's a good movie. Having said that, I don't believe in that sort of thing, and believing is a prerequisite necessary to find it scary.

Placing demon possessed people in the fiction section along with witches, vampires, werewolves, et cetera... tends to ruin the fear factor for me personally.

Hitch**** films are capable of making me feel uncomfortable and paranoid, unable to turn off the lights. Most "scary" movies are so cheesy.

Comment

Working...
                      X