Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

if marquez is competitive against Manny, what then?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If fight is competitive, which I highly doubt, then It just means that Marquez is a better Welterweight than we thought.

Comment

all i kno is if marquez fights at at least an even level with pac, chances are he wont beat floyd. if u think otherwise, ur probably blinded by either love or hate.

Comment

never happen....manny always

-------------------
        Last edited by EmmaByrne; 01-16-2012, 12:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SyrianKid View Post
          If a 38 YEAR OLD Marquez is competitive against Pacquiao .

It means that Mayweather vs Pacquiao is a mismatch .
          Originally posted by yesir View Post
          it means team pac will not take the fight...but we all know theyve been avoiding May for years so this is nothing new
          Originally posted by champ_kw View Post
          THIS!!! There's nothing else that needs to be said in this thread.
          Prime example of *****s applying triangle theories.

Comment

Originally posted by Artician View Post

LOL HE IS SCARED TO SEE A COMPETITIVE MARQUEZ
            Last edited by SyrianKid; 10-31-2011, 12:18 PM.

Comment

first off - you can't compare how a fighter will perform against another fighter based on a common opponent. . . even the level 3 noobs recognize this.

there are some things that marquez can do that floyd can't do; yes, marquez is better at some aspects of the boxing game than floyd. marquez is a better combination puncher, and a better offensive fighter. . . mayweather IS NOT a "super marquez". While he is without a doubt defensively superior, he does not have the ability to follow up his counter punches with combinations like marquez. he doesn't have the balls marquez has, so he won't take the chances. . .

If this fight is a carbon copy of their first two fights, the rankings stay the same, however it MIGHT be debatable as to Manny remaining in his top spot. . . HOWEVER, if people who believe that Floyd is currently pound for pound champion, if Manny KO's Marquez, THEN you have to remove Floyd from number one and Manny into number one. . .

If Manny beats Marquez, close fight or not, then he should keep his spot. . . Because there are just too many dynamics involved to make a judgement based on "who is better" from performances against a common opponent.
              Last edited by UglyPug; 10-31-2011, 12:17 PM.

Comment

oh yeah - /thread.

Comment

Originally posted by SyrianKid View Post
                  LOL HE IS SCARED TO SEE A COMPETITIVE MARQUEZ
                  Huh? I actually want to see a competitive fight and I'm hoping this one will be, all Im saying is style makes fight and Marquez being competitive doesn't mean **** when it comes to Pac - May outcome if ever they will fight. You have some comprehension problem, seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Artician View Post
                    its not really a triangle theory that its being based on. its the fact that whatever marquez does, and he does it well, floyd can do it better if needed. floyd and jmm arent that far apart in their styles. the difference between them is floyd is better than jmm and its not really close. mark my words, if manny struggles with this version of marquez, then floyd is completely all wrong for him.

Comment

That Marquez really has Pac's number. Marquez's style is Pac's kryptonite I'm expecting a competitive fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X