Collapse
No announcement yet.

Andre Ward sounds off on Barrera trash talk and making a statement in the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andre Ward sounds off on Barrera trash talk and making a statement in the fight

I feel you SOG, Talk is cheap....dont write checks with your mouth that your ass cant cash!!!

Yeah I think they're stretching it trying to turn this one into a grudge match.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
      Yeah I think they're stretching it trying to turn this one into a grudge match.
      one thing I always respected about Ward is he never comes out of pocket or acts out of character. He showed that poise as prospect, on his way up the ladder and when he was supposed to be in over his head in the supper six

you dont wake a sleeping giant. Ward is one of those guys who isnt looked at as a mean MFer but watch him fight, he'll beat you up with or without a kayo.

It would benefit Barrera if Ward sat down on his shots and traded but lets get real, Ward is too smart for that.

He is the smartest fighter I've seen since a prime Mayweather and thats saying something. He doesnt let opponents or the media dictate the way he fights or play mind games. Thats for the mentally weak

Comment

Ward seems like a good guy but his style is so ugly I just can't support him.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
          Ward seems like a good guy but his style is so ugly I just can't support him.
          kids pretty versatile. Haven't seen him fight the same in back to back fights.

I think he has a bad wrap over that Kessler fight. I like both guys but he was a little heady in the fight. People who support Kessler were upset but lets be real. Ward hasnt had any close fights and up to this point has clearly defeated everyone he has faced.

you may not support it but im sure you respect his skills.

Its crazy to me how this kid is the complete opposite of Mayweather and people still aren't digging him. The inactivity didnt help but even before then people were like..."MEH"

I think its a combination of him not being a big puncher, not being brash or trash talker, and simply put, he makes it look to easy and people cant relate to that.....Floyd went through it , roy jones went through, and before him the best p4p was whitaker who was never beloved. Dude hasnt lost a fight since he got his first few underarm hairs and a peach fuzz mustache. Also is the USA's last gold medal winner but they'd rather support foreigners who aren't as accomplished. I understood why floyd rubbed people the wrong way but Ward is a good guy in and out the ring.

Im an american and even if I wasnt I'd support him because of work ethic and knowledge of the game.
          Last edited by therealpugilist; 03-15-2016, 08:47 AM.

Comment

Thing is though, I can respect Floyd's skills. He can do it all.

Ward just clinches too damn much. I bashed Wlad for the apovetkin fight too.

I like Rigo and Lara even though they "run" but I can't support a hugger. Just my opinion.

Comment

P4P the greatest Irish fighter of all time.

I am more interested in him now he has stepped up. 168 was completely done for him. Will be interesting to see he can do all the messy things he does with what should be stronger guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                Thing is though, I can respect Floyd's skills. He can do it all.

Ward just clinches too damn much. I bashed Wlad for the apovetkin fight too.

I like Rigo and Lara even though they "run" but I can't support a hugger. Just my opinion.
                I can dig it....as a former boxer, its your responsibility to learn how to work out of the clinch, avoid it, etc.

To me, not saying you in particular, make excuses when fighters like dont win or make excuses when fighters they dislike win.

It was his opponents responsibility and his trainers to teach them those techniques.

Comment

ward needs to fix that lazy eye.I think kovalev is man for the job.

Comment

Barrerra been dissing for a minute, broke sucka beggin the ROC for a paycheck . You gone get this work, work, work like Rihanna B*tch!

Comment

Working...
                    X