Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what r sum fighters that sorta just fell off the map,and wonder what theyre doing now

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    Juan Diaz did the right thing. He left and used his money to pay for law school, instead of staying in boxing racking up losses every time he stepped up (Campbell, Marquez 2x, Malignaggi 2x). If I had to choose making normal middle class salary steadily, or be a C class boxer in pro boxing where fans, media and managers/promoters turn their backs on you constantly...give me an average steady salary.
    Diaz came back and was about to fight for a world title this year in May but injured his rotator cuff. He's had 5 wins since coming back in 2013.

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id...ht-takahiro-ao

Not sure if he wants to continue after an injury but if he does I presume we will see him again maybe in December if not early next year.

Comment

I always wonder stuff like this with lotsa ex-boxers regardless if they suddenly dropped off the map or just aged out of the sport. Like is Angel Manfredy managing a Rent-A-Center now or did he do his money good enough to live off some investments or something.

And there are hundreds of cats like Angel who never got huge, but had some impact in the sport, but wtf they doing now? Idk. Stevie Johnston. Jesus Chavez. Troy Dorsey. Lamar "HIV" Parks. Ray Mercer. Francisco Bojado. And wth is Seth Mitchell doing these days. Someone needs to start a Where Are They Now Ex-Boxers Podcast & find these mfers.

Comment

Kevin Kelley, David Diaz... was gonna say Zab but he's coming back, <- same with Mosley & Mayorga.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
          diaz has came back to boxing and has had 5 fights already so i guess he didn't do the right thing or he was a terrible lawyer.
          But he stopped fighting top competition. Do you actually know off the top of your head, anyone he has fought since his 'return'? He's fighting guys with terrible records. The type you fight when you first start your pro career. And it looks like he has nothing lined up, and hasn't fought since 2014.

Comment

Anyone has footage of Mike Jones getting KO'ed by Jaime Herrera?

Comment

Originally posted by STAX ON DECK View Post
              yeah i def wonder whats happenin with kelly pavlik

didnt he start some show on HGTV or am i thinking of some other white boy?
              He's somewhere getting drunk probably.

Comment

Originally posted by SouthPawHitman View Post
                He's somewhere getting drunk probably.
                Whoa hey bro put some respect on his name

Comment

Marcos maidana, dude took his money from the Floyd fights, got fat and went mia.

Comment

I was thinking we'd hear something about Panchito Bojado's lil brother Angel by now but nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by EdWins View Post
                      Juan Diaz and Kelly Pavlik come to mind.... I know Juan Diaz had retired from boxing in 09 or 10' to become a Lawyer or something but then I heard he was making a return to boxing a couple years back and I think he did. But haven't heard from him since.

Kelly Pavlik was still active not too long ago but yeah, dude had personal problems or something and went back into hibernation. *shrug*
                      I heard he was going to law school but I believe he became a trucker and had his own trucking company and also started his own coffee business.

Comment

Working...
                      X