Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Alvarado Agrees, Provodnikov Fight is On - 10/19

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alvarado had a plan the second time around for Rios, the first time he got caught and stopped.

He doesn't have the benefit of that knowledge for a first time fight with Prov. Prov can launch bombs longer distances than Rios, who tends to be a more up close grinding type of fighter. Prov will land power shots from a distance, and Alvarado, who has a leaky defense, will get tagged.

Just by gut feeling and an observance of each fighter's technique in their previous outings, I would lean toward Prov to catch Mike with something big.

Mike may actually meet more success fighting in the pocket with Prov, using lessons he learned from Rios. I don't think he can match the Russian from the outside. And I also think he's outgunned.

Comment

This will be one of the best fights of 2013, Rios vs Pacquiao will be be either #1 or #2 along with this fight. I can see Ruslan Provodnikov stopping Alvarado as he is a much stouter puncher than Mike A. (Alvarado has the speed advantage however ) Great fight for the fans, I better get my travel plans in place for Denver.

D

Comment

Working...
      X