Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(video) WOW Caught On Cell Phone Rottweiler Almost Mauls Child!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
    I think so too.

Or he has something on his trousers hanging off that the dog thought was a play toy thus pulling his trousers down, harmless, albeit a bit embarrassing.
    If you were trolling then ignore me, but If your dog pulls that sort of stunt even in play mode to a random stranger then you have yourself a socially unacceptable dog that is going to get you and the dog in a lot of trouble.

That dog needs to be kept away from the public or taken on a one way trip to the vets

Comment

• Originally posted by chav View Post
      If you were trolling then ignore me, but If your dog pulls that sort of stunt even in play mode to a random stranger then you have yourself a socially unacceptable dog that is going to get you and the dog in a lot of trouble.

That dog needs to be kept away from the public or taken on a one way trip to the vets
      The dog pulled the kids trousers down, it wasn't latching around a 5 year old's neck and viciously mauling it. It thought it was a game of tug of war and kept pulling until they came off.

Which isn't acceptable but nowhere near as bad as what the video was made out to be. You don't know what caused the dog to do that or what happened prior to the recording.

Comment

• Originally posted by jose830 View Post
        WOW!!!
        the screams of the kid truly had my heart racing and the owner cowardly walks away not even checking if the little kid was ok...

finally watched it .

to be fair, i didnt see any mauling. . looked like it just had the pants. . . it wasnt growling, and shaking. literally just trying to pu;ll the pants off. . no harm, no foul.

kid was fine. .

dog shoulddnt be put down over that, but owne should not take it out in public again, or if he's scared authorities might come after him, gve it to a good home where he'll ahhave room to play.

Comment

• Originally posted by UglyPug View Post
          finally watched it .

to be fair, i didnt see any mauling. . looked like it just had the pants. . . it wasnt growling, and shaking. literally just trying to pu;ll the pants off. . no harm, no foul.

kid was fine. .

dog shoulddnt be put down over that, but owne should not take it out in public again, or if he's scared authorities might come after him, gve it to a good home where he'll ahhave room to play.
          yeah I hear what you saying regardless I believe the dog needs to be put down, I don't have anything against animals but that dog could easily snap and who knows even attack his owner, plus I feel really bad for the kid he's going to be traumatized for a very long time...

Comment

• Originally posted by TBear View Post
            I did not(perhaps- could not) watch the video but I feel it is an extreme responsibility for dog owners to be sure their dogs would never harm a child. I have a chow, 2 labs and a german sheppard pup and I try to socialize them as much as possible, especially with children. If any of my dogs ever show any aggression towards any kid they are gone. The owners are to blame more so than the dogs.
            It's just a Rott taking off a little kid's pants with his teeth. Whether or not the dog bit flesh I don't know, but it just looked like he was biting his clothes. I agree with the few that said the dog might have been playing, it's tail was wagging really fast, which means it was excited about an object. Basically a dog wagging his tail in any way, shows she/he's either play fighting, excited about an object[in this case it was a child], happy to see some one/welcoming some one, or they like you. In this case I would say the dog was excited or playfighting with the child.

If the child left the scene with no bite marks whatsoever, then the Rott is simply being misunderstood and it was just playing around with the kid. If it wanted to, it could have bitten that kid, but instead it bit his clothes.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't take any chances if a strangers dog did that to my kid and I would go crazy as well like every one else here is saying. But I really think the dog is excited/play fighting with the kid.

Comment

• Rewatched the video just to make sure I wasn't seeing things. The dog was definitely wagging its tail fast which means it was excited and wasn't in attack mode. It was either playfighting or excited. It didn't have any intentions of hurting the child, but it may have mistakenly if they would have left it for longer.

Comment

• I think it's VERY obvious who has kids in this thread. I got 3 kids, and THE REED is the most rational person here.

The people in the park all had that natural, human, initial thought of "I might get hurt if I intervene". Any parent seeing their child being mutilated like that, and those kinds of thoughts don't even cross your mind. I'd rather have my face chewed off then stand 1 more second of my child screaming like that in obvious pain. **** animal rights and **** who's fault it is, in that situation, one of us is dying a gruesome death ... either the dog or me.

Comment

• couldnt bring myself to watch it

Comment

• Originally posted by Luffy View Post
                    couldnt bring myself to watch it
                    TS is exaggerating.

The screams are of humiliation and not pain & suffering.

Comment

• WOW, i have a son and if that was my lil' man i would have literally beat that dog to death

Comment

Working...
                      X