Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

American Olympic MW Gausha "Won" After Fight Was Already Over.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American Olympic MW Gausha "Won" After Fight Was Already Over.

Here is a gif. I noticed this at the time but how come now one else is mentioning this?

After the 1st knockdown Gausha comes back in and look at the clock on the gif. It's already at 0:00 long before Gausha lands either punch causing the second knockdown and then the ref stops the fight, one which was very close on points, after the fight had already ended.

Pretty huge blunder by the ref and no one is talking about it.
    Last edited by Khmelnytsky; 07-30-2012, 11:04 AM.

If you watch the video the clock froze after the knockdown at the 7 sec part. There was something obviously wrong with the clock.

Anyway the ref doesnt go by the clock, he goes by the bell and even tho the clock had all zeros, the bell hadnt rang

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
      If you watch the video the clock froze after the knockdown at the 7 sec part. There was something obviously wrong with the clock.

Anyway the ref doesnt go by the clock, he goes by the bell and even tho the clock had all zeros, the bell hadnt rang
      Probably because they were waiting for the standing 8 count to finish. After he got the count the round should have been over but Gausha just rushed in and blasted him. The ref looked lost in there.

And as you pointed out the clock froze at 7 seconds which means the round was over even earlier.

Comment

I'm not aware of what went down...so whats the story?

If the fight was stopped on time Gausha wouldnt have won?

Comment

Originally posted by Ukr_Alex View Post
          I'm not aware of what went down...so whats the story?

If the fight was stopped on time Gausha wouldnt have won?
          the second knockdown happened after the last round was already over, the ref counted the kd, gave a standing 8 and then waved the fight off even though it was over a couple seconds before Gausha landed the punches which caused the second kd. None of the media or anybody has commented on it which i found strange as i noticed it when it happened.

Comment

Originally posted by Khmelnytsky View Post
            Probably because they were waiting for the standing 8 count to finish. After he got the count the round should have been over but Gausha just rushed in and blasted him. The ref looked lost in there.

And as you pointed out the clock froze at 7 seconds which means the round was over even earlier.
            The ref has no control over the bell and doesnt know how much time is left during any point in the round, not sure how he looked lost in there

And i pointed that out to show the clock was off.

If theres anyone to blame, it is the bell keeper, not the ref

Comment

Originally posted by Khmelnytsky View Post
              the second knockdown happened after the last round was already over, the ref counted the kd, gave a standing 8 and then waved the fight off even though it was over a couple seconds before Gausha landed the punches which caused the second kd. None of the media or anybody has commented on it which i found strange as i noticed it when it happened.
              The round ends at the bell, not at the unofficial clock hitting 0

Comment

I was thinking the same thing. I didn't see the fight, but I could only speculate that the bell had not yet rung.

Comment

The round ends at the bell, not at the unofficial clock hitting 0
                  Alright then the time keeper and bell keeper. Anyways i just don't understand why no one has at least addressed it since it was clearly controversial

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom.
                    The bell rang, but the ref didn't hear it because of the noise of the crowd. He should have been checking the clock.
                    After rewatching it and counting the timer down myself without the freeze at the 7 sec mark, i did hear a faint bell but it was completely faded out by the crowd.

SO you want the ref to look at the clock instead of the fighters?

Comment

Working...
                    X