Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does The Winner Of The 168lbs Tourney Deserve The #1 Spot P4P??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mochoso91 View Post
    I dont think in 2 years Juanma could face high quality fighters like the winner of the tourney will.. Paul will not have many decent fighters in his record in 2 years period, and Dawson could face Pascal and I dont know why I think Pascal will beat him!
    pascal will ko dawson that im sure off!

Comment

Originally posted by pigdestroyer View Post
      this tourney isn't going to work out. honestly, now. what if Abraham gets some crazy good KO. His marketability will shoot through the roof... and what happens if HBO steps in and wants Abraham vs Pavlik? boxing matches fall apart from the smallest of things... I don't see how this is going to be 100% successful.
      it's called a contract.

Comment

And think about it really, can the winner of the tournament really call himself best p4p? What if he wins by a very slim margin? What if he loses once during the tournament? He may be the best super middleweight in the world but the question in 2011 will be is the best supermiddleweight better p4p than the best at an other weight? Just because he's fought a lot of opposition in his respective division doesn't mean he's the best in all divisions, otherwise Mayweather wouldn't have been #1.

Comment

Originally posted by Jupiter Maximus View Post
          you like Pigdestroyer?
          at the time, i loved them a lot. you?

Comment

Originally posted by joe90210 View Post
            it's called a contract.
            there isn't any way out of contracts, you're right.

Comment

Originally posted by sylvestersweet View Post
              And think about it really, can the winner of the tournament really call himself best p4p? What if he wins by a very slim margin? What if he loses once during the tournament? He may be the best super middleweight in the world but the question in 2011 will be is the best supermiddleweight better p4p than the best at an other weight? Just because he's fought a lot of opposition in his respective division doesn't mean he's the best in all divisions, otherwise Mayweather wouldn't have been #1.
              but the winner will unificate, call people from 160 to get up and 175 to get down for him, wins a big tourney in boxings best division, no mandatories.. thats not far from P4P king spot

Comment

The Answer is no. easy as that. They would easily get a top 10 mention. and maybe a top 3, but when you have guys like pacquiao, Marquez, Hopkins, Mosley, Cotto, and others fighting other TOP 10 p4p guys, then they do not deserve to be number 1 in my opinion. None of those guys are really top 10. Abraham has a agruement, but to me he is maybe top 15. Taylor used to be, before he got KTFO by Pavlik. Froch isn't p4p for knocking out a Gassed Taylor. Kessler isn't top 10 by losing to Calzaghe. So nope. Nate Campbell had most of the belts in LW and still wasn't top 10 mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by barry big balz View Post
                  pascal will ko dawson that im sure off!
                  I hope so man!!

Comment

Originally posted by dde91 View Post
                    The Answer is no. easy as that. They would easily get a top 10 mention. and maybe a top 3, but when you have guys like pacquiao, Marquez, Hopkins, Mosley, Cotto, and others fighting other TOP 10 p4p guys, then they do not deserve to be number 1 in my opinion. None of those guys are really top 10. Abraham has a agruement, but to me he is maybe top 15. Taylor used to be, before he got KTFO by Pavlik. Froch isn't p4p for knocking out a Gassed Taylor. Kessler isn't top 10 by losing to Calzaghe. So nope. Nate Campbell had most of the belts in LW and still wasn't top 10 mentioned.
                    I am talking about the winner, to be announced in 2011! so Mosley, Hopkins, Marquez, Pacquiao and even Cotto are likely be out of boxing by 2011 (since Cotto says he will box until 30 so he's 28 now).. and Im not saying that ALL participants of the tourny should be P4P top 10.. I say by the time top fighters of today will disappear when the winner of the tourney comes out.. so The Answer is YES

Comment

Originally posted by mochoso91 View Post
                      I am talking about the winner, to be announced in 2011! so Mosley, Hopkins, Marquez, Pacquiao and even Cotto are likely be out of boxing by 2011 (since Cotto says he will box until 30 so he's 28 now).. and Im not saying that ALL participants of the tourny should be P4P top 10.. I say by the time top fighters of today will disappear when the winner of the tourney comes out.. so The Answer is YES
                      Well your right in a way, but as fighters go, others come. so we are going to have to see.

Comment

Working...
                      X