No announcement yet.

Celebrity Boxing Promoter Accused Of Fight Fixing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Celebrity Boxing Promoter Accused Of Fight Fixing

I got this in my radio prep this morning.

-A celebrity boxing promoter has been charged with fixing fights and not having a license when he staged a bout between Danny Bonaduce and a comedian from Howard Stern’s show. Damon Feldman, who operates the Celebrity Boxing Federation, was charged in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, with six counts of staging competitions without holding a promoter’s license from the State Athletic Commission and six counts of rigging fights during a 16-month period that ended in December, state Attorney General Tom Corbett said. Feldman didn’t dispute the allegations but claims he’s the victim of a state boxing law that’s tailored for professional boxing – something he says his events definitely aren’t. He admitted results of some bouts were predetermined but said they’re akin to pro wrestling, not professional boxing.

Originally posted by DIB420 View Post
    I got this in my radio prep this morning.

-A celebrity boxing promoter has been charged with fixing fights and not having a license when he staged a bout between Danny Bonaduce and a comedian from Howard Stern’s show. Damon Feldman, who operates the Celebrity Boxing Federation, was charged in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, with six counts of staging competitions without holding a promoter’s license from the State Athletic Commission and six counts of rigging fights during a 16-month period that ended in December, state Attorney General Tom Corbett said. Feldman didn’t dispute the allegations but claims he’s the victim of a state boxing law that’s tailored for professional boxing – something he says his events definitely aren’t. He admitted results of some bouts were predetermined but said they’re akin to pro wrestling, not professional boxing.
    Gee, what a shocker.

Comment

didn't the kid from good charlotte just KO someone in a celeb match

Comment

Originally posted by rskumm21 View Post
        Gee, what a shocker.
        I know right, I don't know what to believe anymore...

If they can fix celebrity boxing, whats next? Iron Chef? Dancing with the stars? A minute to win it?

THE SUPERBOWL!?!?!

Where does the corruption end?

Comment

Working...
        X