No announcement yet.

Carl Froch the new Antonio Margarito!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ALT-Assassin View Post
    Are you serious? Bradley ducked witter just Jones ducked Woods and Mayweather ducked Hatton ooooo wait no they didn't Taylor has fought much better compitetion than Froch in Winky,Hop and Pavlik who were all tested on the elite far more than Froch.I do not like what Dibella is doing as Froch deserves a shot but to say Taylor is ducking him is absurd.He will fight anyone.

1st, Witter and Woods are GOOD fighters but not top tier IMO despite the belts they held, although i still expected Witter to beat the one dimensional Bradley.
    As for Taylor, yes he has fought the far superior opponents BUT he is in decline now and in the twilight of his career, Froch is young and fresh at the age as he didnt turn pro until age 25. I just feel that when and if that fight happens Froch will be too much for Taylor and will be hungrier for the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by the_godslayer View Post
      1st, Witter and Woods are GOOD fighters but not top tier IMO despite the belts they held, although i still expected Witter to beat the one dimensional Bradley.
      As for Taylor, yes he has fought the far superior opponents BUT he is in decline now and in the twilight of his career, Froch is young and fresh at the age as he didnt turn pro until age 25. I just feel that when and if that fight happens Froch will be too much for Taylor and will be hungrier for the fight.
      I do not like what Dibella is doing and the blame should be pointed at him not Taylor.Carl deserves his shot at a well established fighter.I just don't like when it is turned into an America vs Britain type of agrument because I get pulled into it very easily
      Last edited by ALT-Assassin; 07-11-2008, 07:24 AM.

Comment

I saw that interview yesterday and I was a bit dissapointed. Froch deserves a shot, he's the #1 challenger and yet it's going to be between the #3 and the #12 for some reason?

It's a shame but DiBella said that it's all about the money and Froch just wouldn't get enough interest going in the States.

Comment

There seems to be two schools of thought when it comes to Carl Froch. On one side we have people saying he is an overhyped boxer who will get exposed whenever he steps up and on the other side we have people who see Froch as the future of the SMW division who is being ducked by everyone. My opinion on Froch kinda lies in the middle of these two schools.

The way I see it is that Froch is a dangerous fighter for anyone at 168lbs. He may well be limited, his defence leaves a lot to be desired, but he still has considerable weapons at his disposal. I personally am not sure whether he can make the step up to world championship level, but we will never know until someone gives him a shot. At the moment I do believe boxers are avoiding Froch, which is understandable; he is a hard hitting reletively unknown who would be big risk for little reward.

I do feel sorry for Froch. He is chomping at the bit for a big fight and that is very refreshing in British boxing where so many boxers look for easy fights and a payday.

Comment

The SMW division will be Froch's just as Calzaghe has reigned for the past decade. The Americans just need to face that Britain has the talent to take on anybody from the world.

If Calzaghe was American, he would already be in the HOF.

Comment

I think Froch beats both Lacy and Taylor....IMO

I think Lacy would be fairly straight forward for him, as we all know Lacy hasnt been the same since the Calzaghe fight and has looked terrible since, Froch is too hungry and determined for Lacy to cause him to many problems...

Taylor would be a different story, i think his speed would cause Froch some problems but i still believe Froch decisions him or possibly a late KO. Again i think he is just too hungry and with Taylor coming off those 2 losses he might not be in it mentally...

Comment

Originally posted by ALT-Assassin View Post
                I do not like what Dibella is doing and the blame should be pointed at him not Taylor.Carl deserves his shot at a well established fighter.I just don't like when it is turned into an America vs Britain type of agrument because I get pulled into it very easily
                I agree with you mate, Dibella is to blame, sorry i should have made that clearer in my post, i was just giving my opinion as to why i think Taylor will lose.
                As for getting drawn in to America vs UK arguments, im a sucker for it too!!!

Comment

Originally posted by abadger View Post
                  Who does this remind you of? Froch should be given his chance.
                  Jeff lacy.

I don't think he doesn't deserve a chance i was just stating that once he faces a good boxer that can take his punch he will most likely lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Precision View Post
                    Jeff lacy.

I don't think he doesn't deserve a chance i was just stating that once he faces a good boxer that can take his punch he will most likely lose.
                    How about Kelly Pavlik? Guys whose main weapon is punching power can win fights. If anything Froch probably has more power and more varied boxing ability than Pavlik does, its just that he isn't tested yet.

Comment

taylor can do what he ****in likes,

froch aint nothin special,

if theres more money on the table take that ****in fight,

froch is clumsy, ordinary fighter, he never fought anybody,

so why the **** does he think he can beat a really talented fighter like taylor?

Comment

Working...
                      X