Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sanchez: Golovkin Will Go Down as One of The Best Ever at 160

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SilverMiles View Post
    Geale > Strum > ODH at MW. That's just what it is.

I think Canelo at 160 is just as dangerous as Trinidad at 160 if not more so.
    What? No way. His puncher power isn't there. I was actually surprised that he didn't have cotto hurt, since he landed many flush shots imo.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
      What? No way. His puncher power isn't there. I was actually surprised that he didn't have cotto hurt, since he landed many flush shots imo.
      He still has a natural size advantage while Tito was smaller than Hopkins. And while Canelo offense isn't as great, he's the much better defender. You can say Tito is a better win but not by much.

Comment

• Originally posted by MC Hammer View Post
        Personally I'm shocked that he's rated higher than Danny Garcia
        Originally posted by onetwopunch View Post
        As it stands a guy like William Joppy has a better resume than GGG at 160.
        Originally posted by MASTERBX View Post
        lil-she the best that never was.
        Originally posted by sirron000 View Post
        Bwaaaaaaaa!! That would be a great feat for his old a$$... Get him out of here, ASAP!!

BWaHAHaahaHAHahaHAHaaHAHA!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
          Because they're not chasing SWW no hopers. Laras supposed to be chasing them, but he doesn't even wanna call Gggs people on the off chance his bluff gets called

Canelo didn't become a superstar due to his embarrassing loss to Floyd lol. He was groomed to be a superstar all along, he's got the hair. He'll probably remain one even after getting embarrassingly stripped for ducking the mando. The hair is still there.
          The difference between Canelo and GGG will be seen when the PPV numbers (GGG vs. Wade is not a PPV) come in after Canelo vs. Khan. The difference between Canelo vs. GGG is Arum is talking about Canelo vs. Pacquiao, not GGG vs. Pacquiao. The difference is more than the hair. A young lion accepted the challenge, lost weight, and dared to be great, and now he's reaping his rewards. Floyd did the same when he paid to get out of his contract, agreed to fight @ 154, and took the crown from Oscar! This is what I expect from GGG. Fight Canelo at whatever weight, take the crown from "The Man," and then you become "The Man!" Stop acting as if you don't need this fight! You already let Ward slip away, now you can't afford to NOT fight Canelo Alvarez!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
            The difference between Canelo and GGG will be seen when the PPV numbers (GGG vs. Wade is not a PPV) come in after Canelo vs. Khan. The difference between Canelo vs. GGG is Arum is talking about Canelo vs. Pacquiao, not GGG vs. Pacquiao. The difference is more than the hair. A young lion accepted the challenge, lost weight, and dared to be great, and now he's reaping his rewards. Floyd did the same when he paid to get out of his contract, agreed to fight @ 154, and took the crown from Oscar! This is what I expect from GGG. Fight Canelo at whatever weight, take the crown from "The Man," and then you become "The Man!" Stop acting as if you don't need this fight! You already let Ward slip away, now you can't afford to NOT fight Canelo Alvarez!
            Unlike those guys, Ggg has the mandate at Canelo. They should strip him for shaming the sport. You'd hope Canelo would have some pride and challenge the champ later on, when he grows into the weight. The fight will be even bigger if Canelo feels like he has a chance sometime in the future

Comment

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
              The answer to that question is obvious, if you think about for a moment.

Of the 4 Haymon fighters you mentioned there, Wade is the only one who is willing to fight Golovkin now.
              According to K2, you're correct. However I find K2 very suspect! It's their job to "make fights." If you can't "make fights" happen, then you're failing your client. Maybe your client (GGG) should join forces with someone else, because Canelo is getting fights, Jacobs is getting fights, BJS is getting fights (possibly Jacobs), Ward is on track for a big fight, Pacquiao and Mayweather could un-retire and get whatever fights they want, etc. When is GGG going to get his? K2 needs to show a sense of urgency to get GGG a mega-fight. He's not getting any younger!

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe Beamish View Post
                He'll never develop the resume. GGG lives in a time of seriously crappy middleweights.
                if he made some concessions, he could fight the type of fighters that could get him in the conversation of being a quality fighter. Thus far he has been unwilling to do so. This at almost 35, TIC TOC

Comment

• Originally posted by MrClutch85 View Post
                  Bernard Hopkins MW title reign 10 years 2 months 17 days made 20 title defenses that's impressive to me.Golovkin might not have the resume but he has high KO ratio if he keep knocking people out many many years from now people will remember him kinda like Tyson
                  Tyson accepted every challenge put in front of him. g string? Not so much. See the difference?

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                    Unlike those guys, Ggg has the mandate at Canelo. They should strip him for shaming the sport. You'd hope Canelo would have some pride and challenge the champ later on, when he grows into the weight. The fight will be even bigger if Canelo feels like he has a chance sometime in the future
                    So they strip Canelo. How does this help GGG? Let's say Canelo beats Khan. After that, Arum pulls off Pacquiao vs. Alvarez @ 154. Do you think people will NOT watch? What if Cotto asks for a rematch? Will the fans NOT watch? Meanwhile, what is GGG doing? Who is the big name he's fighting? Ward? NO Canelo? NO Who???

Comment

• Originally posted by just the facts View Post
                      if he made some concessions, he could fight the type of fighters that could get him in the conversation of being a quality fighter. Thus far he has been unwilling to do so. This at almost 35, TIC TOC
                      I'd rather it be about skills, and not who got gamed to fight at some weight disadvantage.

Comment

Working...
                      X