Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buying a new used car-need feedback

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

check for any leaks around the engine block, check the radiator cap/gasket for any signs of overheating. drive the car past 100 if you can, safely of course.

reason why i brought all those up is because i purchased fairly low mileage civic abt 8 yrs ago. it was my first car and had no idea what to look for.

i drove the civic in street, around 40-60 mph and it was fine. about a few days after owning, i decided to drive it on a freeway and around 85 mph the freaking steering wheel was vibrating violently.

a month into onwership, another problem came. I noticed the temperature gauge started going crazy and smell something burning while i was in the middle of the road. i stopped on the side and guess what, the damn car overheated SMH

mind you the civic had only 25k miles. the carfax amazingly was clean too. so you can never tell. just do a thorough inspection and drive it hard and listen to any rattles or weird noises when turning.

best of luck G

Comment

Originally posted by DeandreXI View Post
      check for any leaks around the engine block, check the radiator cap/gasket for any signs of overheating. drive the car past 100 if you can, safely of course.

reason why i brought all those up is because i purchased fairly low mileage civic abt 8 yrs ago. it was my first car and had no idea what to look for.

i drove the civic in street, around 40-60 mph and it was fine. about a few days after owning, i decided to drive it on a freeway and around 85 mph the freaking steering wheel was vibrating violently.

a month into onwership, another problem came. I noticed the temperature gauge started going crazy and smell something burning while i was in the middle of the road. i stopped on the side and guess what, the damn car overheated SMH

mind you the civic had only 25k miles. the carfax amazingly was clean too. so you can never tell. just do a thorough inspection and drive it hard and listen to any rattles or weird noises when turning.

best of luck G
      Geez man you cook everything hey? Your B-Scene account is only a couple of months old too. Low milage. You got close to 290 on the clock and you've gone and cooked it too

Comment

Originally posted by Psylence83 View Post
        Geez man you cook everything hey? Your B-Scene account is only a couple of months old too. Low milage. You got close to 290 on the clock and you've gone and cooked it too

Nah man, that car was evil as hell

And blame the Pac fans, they all hate a brotha spittin out the truth lmao

Comment

Forgot to ask jazluvr, is this car systematic?

Comment

Hydromatic,

Comment

Automatic.....

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by jazluvr View Post
                  What's vtech, honda civic modders club? Lol.
                  only the coolest fu*king gang on the block.

we race other 4 cylinders because we're too fast for the rest when vtech kick in

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
                    only the coolest fu*king gang on the block.

we race other 4 cylinders because we're too fast for the rest when vtech kick in
                    Hell yeah

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
                    What can I say? Driver just couldn't handle that beast!

Comment

150k on a 09???

damn was the dude doing uber 24/7 or something?

Comment

Working...
                      X