Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Wins: Prime Ricky Hatton vs. Miguel Cotto at 140 Lbs.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Wins: Prime Ricky Hatton vs. Miguel Cotto at 140 Lbs.

both fighters were unstoppable during their time at 140, i wonder why this match up was never made.

this fight would have lots of back and forth action. hatton's frantic pace could offset cotto's boxing abilities and force him to exchange inside. hatton was prone to cuts and could be in trouble if cotto stays outside with his stiff jab, hatton only knows 2 directions, it's either down the canvass or forward towards his opponent. both fighters are good body punchers, slight edge to cotto. cotto lands a crushing body blow in the late rounds that send hatton down and out. cotto wins by ko.

your thoughts?

I'd like Cotto in a well contested bout! Might stop him late or go the distance. Ray.

Comment

Cotto by TKO.

Comment

Cotto . He was better at that weighti n my opinon

Comment

Been done a thousand times already. Most pick Cotto because they forget that Cotto had a weak chin at 140.

Comment

This is one fight that should've happened. I say Cotto KO round 11.

Comment

Cotto "weak chin" where was his chin weak? He was undefeated until he fought at 47! He was stopped by Margo & Pacman two pretty good punches at volumn and power! Ray

Comment

Been done to death.

Hatton will never win a fantasy matchup on this forum,

Very close fight. New York cotto on points, MEN Hatton on points.

Great fight,

In before, Hatton was an overrated bum, or glorified club fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
                  Cotto "weak chin" where was his chin weak? He was undefeated until he fought at 47! He was stopped by Margo & Pacman two pretty good punches at volumn and power! Ray
                  Cotto was dropped multiple times by lesser fighters while at 140. Cotto had trouble making the weight so I will go with Hatton. At 140 I think Hatton was a better fighter.
                  Last edited by Outwest Exp 355; 11-29-2012, 12:37 PM.

Comment

well id say its a 50/50 fight. im not sure anybody would have beaten hatton the night he fought tzyu. however cotto is much more well rounded technically than hatton. but then again hatton had a better chin and didnt gas like cotto does. so its hard to say, but im sure most people would pick cotto because he had more success at the higher weights.

Comment

Working...
                    X