Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please explain how Floyd beats P-will (prime) at 147.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please explain how Floyd beats P-will (prime) at 147.

All Floyd stans, please explain that to me.

Bump.....bump.....bump

Comment

What's funny here is this is someone Floyd supposedly ducked.

Williams didn't get a legit good win until Summer 2007 when he beat Margarito. At that time, we'd been hearing Floyd was supposedly ducking Hatton as well, who'd won titles at 140 and 147. Hatton was also undefeated and #8 P4P. Floyd fought Hatton, a fighter many claimed he was avoiding at the time. Williams proceeded to lose to Quintana in February 2008 and than beat him in the rematch, and than moved up to 154.

Floyd didn't duck Paul Williams.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
        What's funny here is this is someone Floyd supposedly ducked.

Williams didn't get a legit good win until Summer 2007 when he beat Margarito. At that time, we'd been hearing Floyd was supposedly ducking Hatton as well, who'd won titles at 140 and 147. Hatton was also undefeated and #8 P4P. Floyd fought Hatton, a fighter many claimed he was avoiding at the time. Williams proceeded to lose to Quintana in February 2008 and than beat him in the rematch, and than moved up to 154.

Floyd didn't duck Paul Williams.
        I'm not accusing him of ducking. Another poster in the "What's Floyd's weakness" thread said Floyd beats P-Will easy. I think he's absolutely nuts. So ok, he didn't duck him. We got that out the way. How does he beat him???

Comment

That would have been Floyd's toughest opponent, a prime 147 Paul Williams. I wouldn't say how Floyd beats him, more like both fighters had the capabilities of beating the other.

Comment

Originally posted by timboslice708 View Post
            I'm not accusing him of ducking. Another poster in the "What's Floyd's weakness" thread said Floyd beats P-Will easy. I think he's absolutely nuts. So ok, he didn't duck him. We got that out the way. How does he beat him???
            My bad. I thought you were trying to say he ducked Williams, which many Floyd haters try to claim (see BushBaby).

Williams would be a tough task for anyone at 147 in 07-08. He'd touch Floyd with the jab a lot. Floyd would have to pot shot a ton, and tie Williams up. Williams often at close distance threw little fast combinations though, see the first Quintana fight. It wouldn't be easy, but I'd pick Floyd to UD him in a very ugly fight.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
              My bad. I thought you were trying to say he ducked Williams, which many Floyd haters try to claim (see BushBaby).

Williams would be a tough task for anyone at 147 in 07-08. He'd touch Floyd with the jab a lot. Floyd would have to pot shot a ton, and tie Williams up. Williams often at close distance threw little fast combinations though, see the first Quintana fight. It wouldn't be easy, but I'd pick Floyd to UD him in a very ugly fight.
              Totally respect that analysis. Cheers.

Thank God we have some sane posters on this board.

Not to be a dick, but I was expecting "Ah man, Floyd would just touch him with the right all night, walk circles around the bum, rinse and repeat, wins 11 rds. to 1. Easy money baby!"
              Last edited by timboslice708; 10-22-2012, 08:18 PM.

Comment

Floyd will box, get Williams to reach in, similar to the way Cintron was able to and then counter. Pick his spots, get in punches up close and circle around him, make Williams have to reset himself over and over. Sounds easy but it'd be extremely tough.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
                  Floyd will box, get Williams to reach in, similar to the way Cintron was able to and then counter. Pick his spots, get in punches up close and circle around him, make Williams have to reset himself over and over. Sounds easy but it'd be extremely tough.
                  I think with his reach and inside game, Paul would pose more problems for Floyd than vice versa. Plus, by fight time, he'd realize the jab is the way to go. Plus with that southpaw stance, I think he goes jab, jab, turn him, and throw combos. Rinse and repeat. Sooner or later, with his size, Floyd will get tired of having to move around and fight him off. I think he takes a majority of the later rounds.

Also, the thing is, P-Will doesn't give you time to box with him. Not saying, he's so much better than Floyd that he will force Floyd to fight his fight. Just saying, he's so much bigger than Floyd. That the constant pressure added with his length will cause way too many problems for Floyd. Plus P-Will's biggest weakness has been southpaws with a mean lead hand.
                  Last edited by timboslice708; 10-22-2012, 08:26 PM.

Comment

stay out of range. come in with lead right. get out of range. repeat.

Comment

Working...
                    X