Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is securom and should I pirate a game that I already own?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is securom and should I pirate a game that I already own?

I have deadspace pc that I legitimately bought because I wanted to support the gaming company because I like this game. Someone posting on another topic of mine recommending me the game but I already owned it lol. I bought it back in last october when it was first released. I was just wondering if theirs a reason I would need to pirate it because other people tell me that I only have a limiting amount of installs, is that true?

I've installed and uninstalled deadspace several times now. I don't think securom limits installs, I think someone made bs up.

Comment

Originally posted by CastorTroy View Post
      I've installed and uninstalled deadspace several times now. I don't think securom limits installs, I think someone made bs up.
      I have never heard of securom limiting the number of installs of a certain game. What it could do however is prevent you from installing the same copy of a game on different computers.

I don't think you'll have any problems.

If you want to know more about securom read this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SecuROM

It's some bull**** copy protection software that game rippers have no problem cracking. If you ever have a problem with your copy of the game, just download it via torrent, it will be already cracked.

Have fun playing dead space, it's a badass game.

Comment

Originally posted by Equilibrium View Post
        I have never heard of securom limiting the number of installs of a certain game. What it could do however is prevent you from installing the same copy of a game on different computers.

I don't think you'll have any problems.

If you want to know more about securom read this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SecuROM

It's some bull**** copy protection software that game rippers have no problem cracking. If you ever have a problem with your copy of the game, just download it via torrent, it will be already cracked.

Have fun playing dead space, it's a badass game.
        I'm having a problem now, I have a new pc monitor which is 25.5 inches big and when I set deadspace to 1920x resolution the characters get oddly wider shaped then they normally would be. Meaning when I used to play this on my old monitor that only support 1600x resolution it had thinner characters. Do you know anyway to fix this? And I hope I don't have to play this at a smaller resolution to have normal looking ppl that don't look too wide.

Comment

Originally posted by CastorTroy View Post
          I'm having a problem now, I have a new pc monitor which is 25.5 inches big and when I set deadspace to 1920x resolution the characters get oddly wider shaped then they normally would be. Meaning when I used to play this on my old monitor that only support 1600x resolution it had thinner characters. Do you know anyway to fix this? And I hope I don't have to play this at a smaller resolution to have normal looking ppl that don't look too wide.
          Your monitor is widescreen right?

Try looking in the game options to see if there is an option for aspect ratio. Yours is probably set to 4:3, which would explain the streched out image if you have a widescreen monitor. If the option is there, set it to 16:9 or 16:10 depending of what your monitor is.

Comment

I'm dumb, I think I just realized I can change the monitors aspect ratio with my remote.

Comment

Working...
            X