Foods I should really avoid?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
    What so bad about fried foods?
    It's in the grease or lard, lots of vein-blocking saturated fat.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
      Yes.

And the amount of sodium in fast food is shockingly high.

Two rules: avoid sugary junk foods and avoid anything with a lot of sodium (such as processed meat).

Eat lots of fresh meat, eggs & kidney beans and drink lots of water to flush out toxins. Take a multivitamin every day.
      I agree with all of those except the multi vitamin, I don't think they do much, and the idea that anyone with an American diet is deficient in vitamins has been proven false.

Also, generally speaking, most prepackaged foods are extremely high in sodium. Canned products, products that are pre wrapped in plastic, or whatever. All that crap is crazy high in sodium.

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
        I agree with all of those except the multi vitamin, I don't think they do much, and the idea that anyone with an American diet is deficient in vitamins has been proven false.

Also, generally speaking, most prepackaged foods are extremely high in sodium. Canned products, products that are pre wrapped in plastic, or whatever. All that crap is crazy high in sodium.
        People should always check the sodium (and sugar) content before buying anything pre-packaged. I don't understand why so many foods are manufactured with huge amounts of sodium.

However, there are some pre-packaged foods that are okay. I buy low-sodium kidney beans, chick peas, black beans, and navy beans in cans (although most canned beans have huge amounts of sodium).

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
          People should always check the sodium (and sugar) content before buying anything pre-packaged. I don't understand why so many foods are manufactured with huge amounts of sodium.

However, there are some pre-packaged foods that are okay. I buy low-sodium kidney beans, chick peas, black beans, and navy beans in cans (although most canned beans have huge amounts of sodium).
          Yeah, I just run them under water before I cook them. Doesn't taste any different.

Comment

Do you want to eat two Big Macs in one sitting and still perform at the highest level like Floyd Mayweather Jr? First step is to take steroids... lots and lots of steroids, specifically Clenbuterol.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
              what are your thoughts on juicing or making smoothies with superfoods like Kale, beets, etc.
              Juices are not the best option, tbh.

You don't have any fiber in it, which means you can't digest it properly and as someone said could get problems taking a ****.
              Also since no fiber is in it, your blood sugar raises. So especially fruit juices act like pure sugar on your body.

Better make smoothies. Its easy af, no need for extra juice machines, contains the fiber - so all the above problems won't happen.
              And extra benefit you will digest much more quickly as if you would do with chewing.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisTMT View Post
                Any foods that I should really avoid?
                Processed food:
                Junk Food, fast food

Cook your meals by yourself

Eat lots of veggies with good carbs, vits&mins,fiber:
                Rice, Potatoes,lentils,beans,oatmeal,lettuce,kale,spinac h,broccoli

Avoid sugar and sodium

Drink water - 3-4 liters

Avoid fatty meals ( eat healthy fats like coconut,seeds,nuts)

Comment

Working...
                X