No announcement yet.

Why did Marquez lose when stepping up?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheBoxingXpert View Post
    Barrera and Pacquiao are okay wins, but those other 3 shouldn't be mentioned.
    So moving up in weight and cleaning out the division isn't worth mentioning?

Comment

Originally posted by danceswithfire View Post
      jmm is an excellent fighter but not a special fighter. his resume is too weak to be considered an atg either
      He is special, not anyone can throw those kind of combinations, especially his uppercuts and from long range as well. Just very very unique and it's actually pretty amazing that Marquez hasn't even been stopped considering the combinations he attempts.

Comment

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
        He was ripped off against john. Going to Indonesia to fight john while holding out for more $ for a pac rematch was the worst move of his career. Turned down around a mil for 300k and an L.
        It wasn't a robbery, but a draw would have been fair.

Comment

Juan was a great damn fighter, but his biggest flaw was his slow ass feet which did not allow him to chase or stalk anyone well. So he knew he had to let you come to him which he did very,very well..going to war with Jmm was a big mistake

Comment

He lost to Norwood. He lost to Chris John. He got absolutely schooled by Mayweather. He lost to Bradley. I mean... He is good, but how come that the only good fighter he was able to beat is Manny Pacquiao? Is Marquez really just an above average boxer who just happens to have the perfect anti-Pacquiao fighting style?
            Marquez is basically the Ken Norton, Norton gave Ali his toughest fights and Norton made his name off that.

Marquez really only got bigged up by people who hate Pacquiao, when Pac was going on a tear they would say Marquez got robbed, which was BS, the only fight you can really say was a robbed was the 3rd fight but Marquez and Nacho stupid asses decided to play it safe in the last few rounds and gave those rounds away.

I had Pac winning the 2nd fight, the first fight I had Pac winning only due to the knockdowns, it was ruled a draw, Third fight I gave it to Marquez or had it a draw, their fights are way to close and competitive to even say one guy has the best over the other.

Marquez is just an above average fighter, who has heart and will, he cannot fight going forward to save his life, everytime he got dropped it usually him trying to press the action.

He isn't very dynamic, he doesn't know how to block punches, or tie up, he uses the matador style which is very very tiring, he relies on rolling to the side and firing off a combo or side stepping countering your aggression which is what Pac does, this why JMM looks so good against Manny because Manny plays the bull to his matador and Pac lunges a lot.

But Pac and Floyd would never get tagged up by Katsidis, Diaz, or some Thai kickboxer, or some Filipino scrub named JAca, Marquez got hit a lot against these scrubby boxers, put the same fighters in with Pac or Floyd and they starch them.

So yes Marquez name revolves around Manny. He chased him many times, Jessie Vargas reminds me of Marquez in his obsession, Vargas is obsessed with Tim Bradley the same way MArquez was with Manny.

Comment

Originally posted by Public_Enemy View Post
              This. Plus, he was 40 when he faced Bradley, well passed his prime.
              Yea but some way some how its a great win for Bradley

Comment

It wasn't a robbery, but a draw would have been fair.
                I didn't say robbery...i said ripped off. The point deductions were unnecessary. I thought he still won.

Comment

He's not a great fighter.He's whole claim to fame is being the perfect style to make Manny look bad.

Comment

He lost to Norwood. He lost to Chris John. He got absolutely schooled by Mayweather. He lost to Bradley. I mean... He is good, but how come that the only good fighter he was able to beat is Manny Pacquiao? Is Marquez really just an above average boxer who just happens to have the perfect anti-Pacquiao fighting style?
                    lol this will be interesting

Comment

Norwood and Chris John were good fighters. When you consistently fight solid opposition you will take some Ls.

The Norwood fight was razor close too. I had it 115-113 Norwood.

Comment

Working...
                      X