Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why wasn't Amir Khan protected as much as other fighters?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh yeah, Kotelnik who beat Alexander by a margin of 116-112, was dominated, and shut out by Khan. Kotelnik had never came close to being dominated thoroughly.

ANd Malignaggi, who like Judah, has proved he's still very much in the fight game.

Has Malignaggi ever been shut out, and ****ed up like that before? Even against Cotto, Malignaggi won 4-5 rounds on my card.

Comment

Originally posted by UglyPug View Post
      Oh yeah, Kotelnik who beat Alexander by a margin of 116-112, was dominated, and shut out by Khan. Kotelnik had never came close to being dominated thoroughly.

ANd Malignaggi, who like Judah, has proved he's still very much in the fight game.

Has Malignaggi ever been shut out, and ****ed up like that before? Even against Cotto, Malignaggi won 4-5 rounds on my card.
      Pretty sure Hatton shut Malignaggi out.

Comment

Originally posted by PinoyNation View Post
        So you're saying old Erik Morales > Amir Khan?
        No, I'm saying that if GBP wanted to protect him, Amir should not have been put in with power punchers.

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
          I think it's got more to do with Khan than anything else, the guy literally wants to fight the best, remember he chased Bradley for a year and at the time Khan and Bradley were considered the best in the division, but of course Bradley refused to take the Khan fight in the end.

Khan gets a lot of credit from me, he's a true warrior even when he got knocked down with that great shot from Garcia he was still trying to dig deep and fight back. I think most people wouldn't have got up the way that shot landed.

Thanx for the laugh

Comment

how can people say khan is protected he fought every1 in his division,bradley DUCKED khan so its not his fault that fight didnt happen and marquez also refused to fight khan

Comment

Originally posted by UglyPug View Post

by beating a bunch of nobodies like senchenko and cano? he's proved he's a great matchmaker.

Comment

People are writing Khan off, he's still a young guy and can learn. He has phenomenal speed he just doesn't use the best tactics to make the most out of his skills. He had no business trading with punchers or lying against the ropes against pressure fighters. He needs to cut the macho/dumbo moments out of his game and fight much smarter. He was making Garcia look silly before getting almost decapitated with that over hand swinger. He could have stayed at range and picked Garcia to bits, slowly, methodically... not trying to press for a finish.

Comment

Originally posted by Drunk Punch View Post
                  People are writing Khan off, he's still a young guy and can learn. He has phenomenal speed he just doesn't use the best tactics to make the most out of his skills. He had no business trading with punchers or lying against the ropes against pressure fighters. He needs to cut the macho/dumbo moments out of his game and fight much smarter. He was making Garcia look silly before getting almost decapitated with that over hand swinger. He could have stayed at range and picked Garcia to bits, slowly, methodically... not trying to press for a finish.

I think you should rewatch the fight again maybe with the biased commentary off because the 2nd round was close.
                  Amir was being made to miss, landing virtually nothing in the 3rd. Garcia countered the **** of Khan everytime in the 3rd who landed virtually nothing at all, he then dominated from then on out.

If anything Garcia made Khan look silly prior to the knockdown. Khan won 1 & 1/2 rounds

1. 10-9 Khan
                  2. 10-9 Khan
                  3. 10-8 could even give it 10-7 Garcia
                  4. Game over, man. Game over

Comment

Sometimes I wonder if people watch the fights they talk about.
                    Mos t the times they sound like they just listened to the commentary or looked it up on boxrec.
                    You're blind if you didn't see Garcia timing Khan with those hooks... as early as the first round

Comment

Amir kahn is a brave man. always wanting to prove himself against the best. all this was made apparent when he offered bradley 50/50 uk ppv but tim declined because he was too worried he might lose.

and lets look at his opponents notable fights

kotelnik (wins over alexander and maidana)

maidana (close fight with kotelnik win over ortiz ,victor cayo)

judah ( went 12 rounds with mathysse and win over kaizer mabuza)

pederson ( draw with ortiz and ko win over cayo)

garcia (short notice supposed to rematch pederson)

Comment

Working...
                      X