No announcement yet.

Boxing expert Doug Fisher on Broner loss

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Soda_Popinski View Post
    i think he pretty much nailed exactly how i feel about things...i think touching on the lifestyle was also important...outside of the obvious gulf in pure talent, i think that is the one other big thing that separates Broner from Mayweather...

for all the flash, and trash talk and even partying that Mayweather puts out there...in the gym Mayweather is beyond serious and takes care of his body before anything else...

Mayweather loves money, and is as smart a business man as he is a fighter...he knows that his body is his meal ticket and treats it as such...a lot of Floyd's persona is an act...he enjoys being the flashy, trash talking bad guy...but behind the facade he is a serious boxer, that above all else prides himself on his skills....

everyone always says Broner tries to be like Mayweather, but i think what we see from Broner is his real personality, its not an act like Mayweather...

Not only can Broner not hold Floyd's jock strap in the ring, but he is nowhere near as intelligent out of the ring either...
    Agreed. Good post.
    Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    I don't know how he's anymore of a boxing expert than any hardcore boxing fan who's been watching boxing for 10+ years. Like did he graduate from Princeton with a Master's degree in Boxing Psychology or something? Because he has glasses? His immature hatred of Floyd Mayweather Jr back in the day because of Floyd rejecting an interview showed all there is to know about his character.
    I didn't know that story. But yea, he doesn't know much more than anyone else I know who is passionate about the sport, but he makes good points here nonetheless.

Comment

Originally posted by M0NZ0N View Post
      What in the hell are you talking about?
      yea he back on that meth again. i dont even...

Comment

I for one welcome Broner's return to the sport. He will be a solid gatekeeper for the rest of his career unless they place him against exceptionally smaller, weaker opponents who don't throw very many punches.

Comment

Originally posted by thuggery View Post
          I for one welcome Broner's return to the sport. He will be a solid gatekeeper for the rest of his career unless they place him against exceptionally smaller, weaker opponents who don't throw very many punches.
          at your sig and avatar too.

Comment

Originally posted by kardsufur View Post
            "boxing expert" ? according to who?
            he's a genius, one of the most knowledgeable people in the biz. that's why he picked Alvarez to beat Mayweather.

Comment

Doug Fischer .. I ain't mad at that assessment.

Comment

Dougie is a real cool dude, I actually met him at the Pac/Cotto fight while he was getting his media pass at the weigh-in. We walked together through the media entrance and cut through the long line so I can get a decent seat. The dude is legit.

In any event, he was on point without about everything he stated. Broner needs some serious self-reflecting, he does NOT belong at 147, nor does he need an immediate rematch. He needs to take this sport seriously and leave the pretending at the door.

He got his slice of humble pie and he should learn from this experience.

Comment

Why didn't Eli do the same type of interview after Bum Bum Rios L?

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                    I don't know how he's anymore of a boxing expert than any hardcore boxing fan who's been watching boxing for 10+ years. Like did he graduate from Princeton with a Master's degree in Boxing Psychology or something? Because he has glasses? His immature hatred of Floyd Mayweather Jr back in the day because of Floyd rejecting an interview showed all there is to know about his character.
                    I don't rate him at all. Now he is trying to be all classy and "articulate" but years back he was another writer with a grudge to bear. I can't take people like this serious no matter what they become.

Comment

Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
                      If there was ever a fighter anywhere, ever, that was "exposed" it was Adrian Broner. Both HBO and Showtime touted this guy as "the future of boxing" and worse. Outrageous hype around how good he allegedly was. As a fighter. Pure hype. Gaping holes in his game... Nah, Fischer. He was EXPOSED. Fully.
                      Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
                      And as far as him showing "heart.." Heart, Fischer?? Broner shut down IN FEAR, right away, first time he got hit, and would periodically come back alive when he got his confidence going throughout the fight only to shut down again once he got nailed with yet another good shot... Broner collapsed mentally more than anything. He went belly up instantly... I used to respect Fischer but he's "exposed" himself many times over the years with his inconsistent perception/awareness of various things tangible and intangible within the sport.

Of course he was exposed, he was the definition of exposed lol. He talked the talked and once he got hit couldn't walk the walk. I don't know if he underrate Maidana but if he learn anything from the guy he tries to copy then he would know that the man never underestimate you even if you are a midget.

Comment

Working...
                      X