No announcement yet.

The League and Helmet to Helmet Hits

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The League and Helmet to Helmet Hits

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm really getting sick of all these fines being handed out to players for helmet to helmet hits.

And they are anywhere between 25K and recently Asante for up to 45K!!!

Ridiculous. Some of these guys don't make big money and can't afford that kind of fine.

And their reasoning for them doing this "protecting the players" is complete crap. They are doing this to protect the integrity of the league, not it's competitors.

I've yet to hear anyone who has been on the receiving end of these helmet to helmet hits, complain about it. Because it's part of the game... it comes with the territory.

The pace of the game is so fast that these hit are sometimes impossible to avoid and the fact that the league thinks they know the difference between a dirty hit and making a play is laughable.

Asante said he's contemplating retiring after his contract is up, while this could be an empty threat, I have a feeling that some of these guys that are getting fined will eventually follow through and actually quit and that sucks. Both for their teams and the fans.

/rant

It really isn't fair. These guys have been playing the game this way their whole life and to change the rule in the middle of a season after a bad week of head injuries is ridiculous.

The hits aren't going to stop there are just going to be alot more fines.

Comment

"Helmet to helmet hits" sounds like something Tunney is interested in.

Comment

Working...
      X