No announcement yet.

Is Jeff close with his brothers and nephew

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Jeff close with his brothers and nephew

is Jeff Mayweather, close with his brothers or floyd, i mean i have not seen him in 24/7 yet... does he have a strained relationship with them....

Yes he is,or as much as he can.

He's the guy who wants to get along with everybody.

Comment

I speak to Jeff frequently, and have met him in Vegas last year. He does not have a strained relationship with his brothers, he just chooses to stay out of the spotlight, Jeff's a very quiet guy. He's nice as anybody I've ever spoken with in the boxing world, but he just chooses not to be on camera or anything.

He told me he's personally went to the camp more than a couple times to see Floyd in his training, so he's definitely around, just not as much.

Comment

I'd rather have Jeff as a trainer then any of his brothers.

Comment

he seems out of place in that family. he's so...normal. he's probably adopted.

Comment

Rizwaan@********boxing.com: What exactly happened between you and Floyd? (Jeff talking about floyd a while back, he basically exposes him as a fake).

Jeff Mayweather: For me, it was a choice to leave. I always try to put my best foot forward and I’m all about family, and up until his like 10th fight, I never took a dime from Floyd Jr. I’m a modest person, I don’t need the fame. In my heart, I know what I have done. That's good enough for me. One day, when we were doing a radio show in Vegas, he shows up with James Prince. Myself or Roger didn’t know anything about this guy, but Floyd wanted him there. Floyd was the one whom put him on the fight scene, that’s how he got Winky Wright and Diego Corrales, Mark "Too Sharp” Johnson and also former IBF Jr Lightweight Champion, Steve "Two Pound" Forbes. I think he just took him to Houston and showed him the big houses, the nice cars and many other things as well. He also promised Floyd that he can establish his own rap label. Soon after, Floyd would act like he wanted to be a thug or something, he didn’t have any real life struggles or lived in the projects or did anything to give him any street credibility He grew up with a loving family in which we all did our part to help him reach his dreams. He never even worked a job growing up. He’s not 50 cent. Hell, he’s not even 20 cent (laughing).

Comment

Floyds been acting like this for so long he probably thinks its the real him.

like Bro Naz said you can get on camera "but whats real is real!"

Comment

Originally posted by jonesy View Post
                Rizwaan@********boxing.com: What exactly happened between you and Floyd? (Jeff talking about floyd a while back, he basically exposes him as a fake).

Jeff Mayweather: For me, it was a choice to leave. I always try to put my best foot forward and I’m all about family, and up until his like 10th fight, I never took a dime from Floyd Jr. I’m a modest person, I don’t need the fame. In my heart, I know what I have done. That's good enough for me. One day, when we were doing a radio show in Vegas, he shows up with James Prince. Myself or Roger didn’t know anything about this guy, but Floyd wanted him there. Floyd was the one whom put him on the fight scene, that’s how he got Winky Wright and Diego Corrales, Mark "Too Sharp” Johnson and also former IBF Jr Lightweight Champion, Steve "Two Pound" Forbes. I think he just took him to Houston and showed him the big houses, the nice cars and many other things as well. He also promised Floyd that he can establish his own rap label. Soon after, Floyd would act like he wanted to be a thug or something, he didn’t have any real life struggles or lived in the projects or did anything to give him any street credibility He grew up with a loving family in which we all did our part to help him reach his dreams. He never even worked a job growing up. He’s not 50 cent. Hell, he’s not even 20 cent (laughing).

Yep. I read this a while back. Floyd just doesn't look up to anyone but himself and seems lost in the process.

Comment

Working...
                X