Collapse
No announcement yet.

"The Wire" vs. "Breaking Bad"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Wire is no doubt a great show.....but that show takes episodes "off" where there isnt much character building, action, progression, or substance.

not very often but it happens....the production level is great but each episode is rather formulaic in that episode 1-3 are character building, the middle episodes are where the fun begins, and the season always ends on the second to last episode....then the last episode is rather meh......IN EVERY SEASON.

Breaking Bad always gives you a reason to watch an episode. Something worth watching happens in every episode.

Breaking Bad, unlike The Wire, focuses mainly on the character of Walter White therefore the story is more driven and we can see the progression of a character through an entire show......its rather incredible.

The Wire spreads itself too thin and cant decide on which characters to build and the characters never progress.....they are who they are. Prez is like the only character that changed in that entire show.

Never watched the Sopranos

Comment

Originally posted by MidnightSpecial View Post
      The Wire is no doubt a great show.....but that show takes episodes "off" where there isnt much character building, action, progression, or substance.

not very often but it happens....the production level is great but each episode is rather formulaic in that episode 1-3 are character building, the middle episodes are where the fun begins, and the season always ends on the second to last episode....then the last episode is rather meh......IN EVERY SEASON.

Breaking Bad always gives you a reason to watch an episode. Something worth watching happens in every episode.

Breaking Bad, unlike The Wire, focuses mainly on the character of Walter White therefore the story is more driven and we can see the progression of a character through an entire show......its rather incredible.

The Wire spreads itself too thin and cant decide on which characters to build and the characters never progress.....they are who they are. Prez is like the only character that changed in that entire show.

Damn, dude. Dope analysis.

Virtual K for you.

Comment

Originally posted by MidnightSpecial View Post

to be honest, i think this fits the sopranos more than the wire

Comment

The Wire and The Sopranos isnt about exciting the viewer every episode, they are dramas that detail the characters lives, whether it be in a cameo or over the whole season/s

you just described every episode of breaking bad always ends on a cliffhanger etc

Comment

What i like about Breaking Bad is it always leaves you wanting more. An episode will end on a cliffhanger and you just have to find out what happens next.

I watched the whole of series 1 in a day.

This has to be one of the greatest scenes of any tv show. He gets told he has lung cancer and only months to live but seems to care more about the mustard stain on the doctors shirt.

Comment

I'll go with Breaking Bad, though instead of BrBa I would of added The Shield to that poll, since it's closer to Sopranos and The Wire.

Alot to love about BrBa, first of all they take this action/comedy kind of premise *chemistry teacher goes meth cook* and turn it into one realistic drama with realistic changes to their characters.

I mean Walter White, by the end of the 3rd season turns into a no remorse criminal mastermind, putting aside a lot of his previous fears, a process that starts off after the shocker *lung cancer* and is still not over after the 3rd season, while Jessie, an actual meth cook in the beggining, after being faced with the tricks and hardships of being on the other side of the law becomes a lot more conflicted.

And Jessie is a character they wanted to kill off, yet they managed to give him a complex nature after they changed their mind.

All 3 are great but for me BrBa is on top.

Comment

Originally posted by -The Glove- View Post
                The Wire, most definitely. I found the characters more interesting and the storylines better. Skyler pisses me off in Breaking Bad and Walt can get really annoying at times. It's a great show, but The Wire is a lot better for me.

Sopranos
                **** hair
                The Wire

Breaking Bad

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post

Sopranos
                  **** hair
                  The Wire

Breaking Bad
                  Agreed. I love Breaking Bad but those two are the GOATS.

Comment

Working...
                  X