Why Mayweather's Style is Superior

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tangalog2200 View Post
    very good and valid observations...

however, you can not win fights just by defense....you have to eventually throw punches.............................

floyd jr is a master of defense and when to throw punches............................

people wants the pac pbf fight as they are very interested to see what happens when the master of defense faces one who is not only willing to get hit to give plenty of his own......

it will be a contest of who can handle pressure well
    I agree.

Honestly, the only way I see pac winning is if he hops on Mayweather early. Mayweather depends on his timing and ability to adjust in between rounds. Mayweather has been hurt before round 5 against Corely, Judah, and Mosley. Mayweather was almost knocked down in the 2nd round against Hatton.

If you notice, Mayweather is barely hit, let alone hurt after Round 6. This is why I think Manny's best shot at winning is to hop on Mayweather early. Manny knocked down Hatton, Cotto, Mosely, Marquez, Morales, and many others all before round 4.

That should tell you where the fight will go if they ever meet. Either Manny will stop him early or be destructed late.

Comment

Originally posted by QADASHBANYAH View Post
      Funny thing is that PAC IS AN ADULTERER YET THEY ONLY CAN ACCUSE MAYWEATHER OF **** THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WHATSOEVER WITH BOXING....

What does hitting a woman have to do with the fight game of boxing???

These fools are a trip
      its just bait you arent supposed to respond to it.

they try anything...once you resort to things a fighter does in his personal life its pretty obvious you have run out of ammo.

im not sure if its pacquiao fans or just this new era of boxing
      fans being that any geek can come online and run his mouth.

definitely sickening though

Comment

Originally posted by ModernTalking View Post
        Lets ask ESPN what they think!

ESPN: The only department where Floyd is more superior than Manny Pacquiao is his ducking. Floyd is a COWARD!
        You say this ignorant crap constantly. You say "ESPN says" like "ESPN" is an individual. ESPN is a company, and no one person (Wilbon) speaks for the entire company.

Also, if you're turning to ESPN for your "boxing knowledge", it's no wonder you come off as such a moron.

Comment

Originally posted by larry's brother View Post
          Look at the Clottey fight he was so frustrated he started throwing 2 handed punches trying to pull Clotteys guard down..and in the Cotto fight when Cotto didnt engage again he was frustrated as we was again in the Clottey fight..

You do realize that the Clottey and Cotto fights were horriably lop sided in Manny's favor right? Not exactly the best way to make you point my friend!

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
            I agree.

Honestly, the only way I see pac winning is if he hops on Mayweather early. Mayweather depends on his timing and ability to adjust in between rounds. Mayweather has been hurt before round 5 against Corely, Judah, and Mosley. Mayweather was almost knocked down in the 2nd round against Hatton.

If you notice, Mayweather is barely hit, let alone hurt after Round 6. This is why I think Manny's best shot at winning is to hop on Mayweather early. Manny knocked down Hatton, Cotto, Mosely, Marquez, Morales, and many others all before round 4.

That should tell you where the fight will go if they ever meet. Either Manny will stop him early or be destructed late.
            what you said is likely possible....

my take on the blueprint for beating pbf is not to have a "blueprint"...it is like what musicians call playing by ear...

pbf is a very intelligent fighter..very cerebral....you have to take his head away first...you have to keep him guessing, you have to have a lot of surprises for him..and timing when to unleash those surprises..in this way, floyd would have more difficulty adjusting...otherwise pbf will be in his elements and pick you bit by bit..

Comment

Originally posted by DoomCity202 View Post
              they try anything...once you resort to things a fighter does in his personal life

definitely sickening though
              Larry Merchant and Brian Kenney are great at this.

Comment

Working...
              X