Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

have yall noticed most 3rd generation Hispanics don't like boxing....?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm, depends where you live I guess. Hispanics from all generations are boxing nuts in Texas and Cali. Don't know about NY or Philly but I'm sure they like boxing too.
    Last edited by BOXEO _; 03-21-2016, 06:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fanofslug View Post
      Boxing is considered an old school form of fighting by the twitter generation. I blame feminism and the pussification of kids in school. As for UFC it's trendy nowadays to wear a UFC shirt and claim to watch it, even if most of it is just a bunch of men humping around on the canvas. I'm not Mexican, so I wouldn't know about Hispanics, but I think it's a universally held opinion that this generation is one of the worst, and this is not the ranting of some jaded old man, this generation thrives in hype and mediocrity.
      Couldn't have said it better!!

Comment

Originally posted by fanofslug View Post
        Boxing is considered an old school form of fighting by the twitter generation. I blame feminism and the pussification of kids in school. As for UFC it's trendy nowadays to wear a UFC shirt and claim to watch it, even if most of it is just a bunch of men humping around on the canvas. I'm not Mexican, so I wouldn't know about Hispanics, but I think it's a universally held opinion that this generation is one of the worst, and this is not the ranting of some jaded old man, this generation thrives in hype and mediocrity.
        UFC is manlier than boxing, boxing is gayer than mohummad sucking a toddler

Comment

Originally posted by El Tejano View Post
          NOT ALL BUT MOST. .....most of my cousins on my father side are 3rd generation & beyond american that don't watch boxing and have zero intersting in it.they rather watch nfl,nba, and ufc....while my Mexican a$$ is watch soccer aka football & boxing......any one else notice this from your family?
          3rd generation people from anywhere lose ties to what excited the folks from that first generation; even look at folks from a culture as fight crazy as Puerto Ricans (meaning no offense to anyone). First generation hold to the traditions out of direct appreciation, the next generation holds to some of the things that their parents held onto, and the generation after that only has a general appreciation for the ideas from that first generation (though not generally holding to the traditions).

As another example, look at the Irish immigrants of the early 1900s. The Irish of the 1920s, were different from their children in the 1940s, who were different from their children in the 1960s. The things that excited the Irish young adults of the 1920s likely didn't do much to excite the irish young people of the 1960s.

Comment

It's not 3rd generation hispanics, it's just young kids in general.
            Younger kids are more into UFC in general.
            It is marketed better than boxing.

Comment

I think about this everyday. How can we get more 3rd-generation (and even 4th-generation) Mexicans back into the sweet science?

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                This is football:

This is soccer:

Call me when American Football becomes more relevant than just a national sport played by a bunch of fat ****s on roids. :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                  I think about this everyday. How can we get more 3rd-generation (and even 4th-generation) Mexicans back into the sweet science?
                  I think the men in the family, it has to come from the father, uncle, grandfather. If it doesn't, there's no hope, a kid is just not going to pursue boxing like that, it has to be something the men in the family introduce them to. Why? I would say it's as simple as the school system, there's no boxing in school. There's Football, baseball, basketball, lacrosse, but no boxing in US schools. So boxing has to be introduced to a kid from within the family, cause the sport they are being introduced to at a young age is basically the one's mentioned above. With me it came from my father, and I think it's evident to see most boxers it came from a father, uncle or some father figure (Tyson, Thurman took in by former cops), others were literally broke living in cars like Ortiz and the Peterson's.

Comment

Working...
                  X