No announcement yet.

Boxing Needs More Politically Incorrect Figures Like Kovalev

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxingwizard View Post
    It's not about being politically correct. Personally I don't like guy and he's a total ***hole and he doesn't even realize it. Because he's such an ***hole he's not really liked by many fans, certainly not liked by Max Kellerman, and that is probably why he is not a big draw. He makes GGG seem mellow, Kovalev makes everyone seem mellow in comparison. But he is the best LHW, even his haters can admit that.
    GGG is mellow. Boxing fans don't like Kellerman. Kovalev is not a draw but neither are most American boxers. Ironically the biggest ***hole of the lot was the biggest draw, so there you go.

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
    Racism is a wonderful cause and needs more ambassadors.
    He's racist but has a black trainer, a black personal trainer, used to live with a black man. If he's genuinely racist he has an odd way of showing it.

Maybe, just maybe, it's a hypersensitive issue in the Western world and anything remotely construed as racial gets blown out of proportion.

Comment

Originally posted by jose.sooto View Post
      What the hell are you talking about? we just had Floyd Mayweather Jr who was as politcally incorrect as they come and you guys hated him
      Floyd carries himself like a spoiled brat, Kovalev like a man. Furthermore, Floyd trash talks his opponent, which makes him more like Pascal, then when it comes to fighting, it's all about running to victory. The two couldn't be further apart.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
        GGG is mellow. Boxing fans don't like Kellerman. Kovalev is not a draw but neither are most American boxers. Ironically the biggest ***hole of the lot was the biggest draw, so there you go.

He's racist but has a black trainer, a black personal trainer, used to live with a black man. If he's genuinely racist he has an odd way of showing it.

Maybe, just maybe, it's a hypersensitive issue in the Western world and anything remotely construed as racial gets blown out of proportion.
        I'm not saying he's a racist. I'm saying we shouldn't celebrate it if he is.

Comment

As i have said before, i'm a GGG fan but Kovalev should be ranked way above him right now. He's fought some better opposition and is just as dominant as GGG and winning in style.

There's a difference though. GGG is clearly the top of his division because the competition he has isn't great. We all know Kovalev probably is but there's a few big names he hasn't fought yet, mostly because they won't fight him. So it's much easier to see GGG as more dominant, even if it's not true. Also, GGG has that nice smiling guy image but a killer in the ring, HBO love to push that like they did with Pacquiao.

Kovalev might well be the very best active fighter in the sport right now, it's just his personality and image doesn't lend itself to being pushed by a network. I actually think he seems a funny guy at times and probably not as bad as he seems, but he definitely has more of a coldness to him than someone like GGG. We live in a time where people are offended by nothing so a reputable network like HBO are just more likely to push a nice smiling family man kind of guy.

Comment

I'm glad Kovalev is embracing the bully role. We need guys like this in boxing to keep things interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by jose.sooto View Post
              What the hell are you talking about? we just had Floyd Mayweather Jr who was as politcally incorrect as they come and you guys hated him
              Floyd tried too hard to be someone he's not and he came off like a douch in the process. With Kovalev what you see is what you get. He's a no nonsense type of man. He doesn't have to pretend to be a bad ass. He is one!

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                I'm glad Kovalev is embracing the bully role. We need guys like this in boxing to keep things interesting.
                he's not a bully, more of an avenger. if you pay him respect, like hopkins and ward, then he is glad to reciprocate. if you talk ****, then you better be ready to back it up. that's all

Comment

Fully agree, he's just refreshing in today's game when too many are concerned about being politically correct (a reflection of society as a whole).

Sergey is raw and real and doesn't give a fuck what people/media etc. think of him.

Comment

couldn't stand the kellerman tactic of trying to get kovalev to talk about wanting to hurt pascal. wanted to smack him.

pascal's family and kovalev's family were int eh crowd, FFS.

for those who don't know, kovalev killed a guy named roman simakov in a pro boxing match. kellerman talking about kovalev wanting to punish a guy was totally out of line, particularly when you consider this information.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post

of course it's a "sensitive issue" in america, where the money for these fights is being generated, and where the TV networks are that pay for them.

you're more likely to be born poor, into a less literate family, and grow up uneducated if you're born black. blacks receive more harsh punishments for the same crime. are several times more likely to be victims of violence or homicide via cop. it takes a couple hundred years to rebound from generations of slavery, then jim crow. or maybe blacks are disproportionately impoverished because it's a problem of blackness?

for some perspective, evander holyfield will tell you that his parents "didn't read." joe louis' parents were sharecroppers.

kovalev, unless it was photoshopped, posted a picture on social media of his son wearing a shirt that put a chimp's head on adonis stevenson's body. calling blacks monkeys is racist. the idea that blacks were biologically inferior [more like a monkey / animal,] was one of the notions that allowed people to justify owning slaves he's either incredibly naive, and wrong for that reason, or he's racist.

Comment

Working...
                      X