Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michael Nunn

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought Iran Barkley beat Nunn in their fight. But Curry should have never fought at middleweight, he was a shell of the man that beat McCrory.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
      Martinez wouldn't stand a chance against Nunn. Bigger, faster, hit harder, had much, much better defense and overall boxing skill and could counter or fight coming forward. Against Nunn, Martinez would get hit too much, nor would have he have the necessary power, skill or size to win.

For someone that claims to have been watching boxing for as long as you have and know so much more than everyone else, you seem to know very little about anything older than five years ago.

Funny that....
      Have to cosign on the attributes of Nunn versus Martinez. Nunn could do so many things and his technical ability when throwing punches.....lets just say when plumbing a wall or looking for Platonic archetypes for "straight trajectory" watch a Michael Nunn punch!

Comment

I like Sergio Martinez and think he is a very worthy champion. But at his VERY BEST Michael Nunn was awesome. Just watch his title win over a competent Frank Tate. He took him apart. If Martinez is able to continue to perform at a high level he'll pass Nunn on all time lists. But a prime Nunn beats Martinez and also a number of other highly regarded middleweights from the past.

Comment

Nunn could have been better if he was more focused and stayed away from drugs. With being a tall southpaw he could have also gone farther if he was a boring boxer and didn't exchange so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
            I like Sergio Martinez and think he is a very worthy champion. But at his VERY BEST Michael Nunn was awesome. Just watch his title win over a competent Frank Tate. He took him apart. If Martinez is able to continue to perform at a high level he'll pass Nunn on all time lists. But a prime Nunn beats Martinez and also a number of other highly regarded middleweights from the past.
            His fight with Toney was excellent till he got caught up with in the 11th, and he showed great skills in the Roldan fight as well.

Comment

Sergio is top 5 p4p right now but nunns movement and grappling would give serg fits. i understand the observation that nunn might not have looked great but he was near impossible to beat at his best.very difficult match for anyfighter. as for mayweather v curry, curry at his peak 147lb was a wreckin machine. power in both hands with blur fast speed, he was a benihana chef of fighter. floyds put on queer street at 147 v both mosely and zab and curry would do the same. but curry would surgically removed floyd from the fight inside 3. no doubt. i seen em both at their peak n so have some of u,i would guess that thoseof u who have would agree with me

Comment

I was very much aware of michael Nunn from the start of his pro career. He started out with something like 11 straight kos, and he really looked to be something. He destroyed Marcos geraldo- ko'd in 1 by Hearns, he'd gone 10 with both leonard and Hagler. Then he fought Carl Jones on the undercard of some big fight in Vegas, in the afternoon in front of an empty arena and got drilled in the first round. He got up but he fought real careful for his next few fights.
                But then he destroyed darnell Knox, and he was thought to be a good prospect at the time, better than Nunn. But Nunn rough-housed him, beat him up and stopped him in 4. Then Parker in2, Frank tate, Roldan, Kalambay. Those fights were Nunn at his best. But then he got tentative again and his fights with Barkley and Starling stunk. In the loss to Toney he got brave, sort of, again and got beat and he was done as a top fighter after that.
                When he was on top of his game, Nunn had a lot to offer. he moved well, boxed well, punched hard and worked the body well. But I think that sometimes he thought too much about getting hurt.

Comment

He would KO sergio once he caught him. You saw Sergio get KO'd in the past and Junior had him hurt a little after he outboxed the kid all night. Junior and Williams don't come close to the punches Nunn delivered. This guy Segio has fought no one!! Junior is the greenest kid I've ever seen in a main go, he's horrible!!
                  raskat; personally I think you know little at best! here be quiet!

Comment

I Think nunn had plenty of fight left in him after the toney fight but imo the beltholders of the time had easier ways of making defenses than fighting nunn. i dont rmember him getting a shot a belt after moving from the 160lb division. i do remember him flattening guthrie.

Comment

Working...
                    X