No announcement yet.

How hard is it to get a greencard?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How hard is it to get a greencard?

I've got no convictions, graduated with a double major in business and economics and would be able to secure a decent job, would I get in?

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
    I've got no convictions, graduated with a double major in business and economics and would be able to secure a decent job, would I get in?
    To the USA?
    Well I moved to europe and it was a ***** to get one.
    I had to start a company here and use that as the grounds for living here. So many damn forms and documents.
    Check here
    http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/usc...00082ca60aRCRD

I would suggest applying for jobs in the USA some companies will assist with the process if they are interested. Otherwise just research like I did and find out the requirements. Is a pain in the ass but am sure its possible for you.

Good luck.

Comment

Unless you were BORN in the USA, every step in the process is absolutely BRUTAL.

It is like a combination of passing a kidney stone, being waterboarded, and going on a date with Rosie O'Donnell.

Especially if you are coming from a sketchy country (c'mon, we know who they are).

It is PURELY political. There are CLEAR political imperatives behind (legal) immigration policies.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post

there's probably room for you.. those two majors have a nice ring to them.

why are you planning on leaving the motherland? you know, "god save the queen," and all that?

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
          there's probably room for you.. those two majors have a nice ring to them.

why are you planning on leaving the motherland? you know, "god save the queen," and all that?
          No, sir. Business and economics majors won't help him.

Those are not "REALLY" considered as STEM. There are literally tens of thousands of business grads serving as baristas at Starbucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
            No, sir. Business and economics majors won't help him.

Those are not "REALLY" considered as STEM. There are literally tens of thousands of business grads serving as baristas at Starbucks.
            i'm quite familiar with plenty of graduates with degrees in various aspects of business, and they're a sought after commodity. i don't know any that are unemployed or vastly underemployed to the degree that you're describing. are they all rolling in dough right out of schoo, the way they used to? no. he's better off with broad degrees in business and finance than he is with a degree in gothic literature.

and finally, unless you're talking about a kid straight out of school, his experience in working environments will give you a better idea of what his capabilities are.

Comment

Earl, you are still in like 7th grade

Comment

Since you like that show "Earl Hickey" so much, pretend to have an American/southern accent. Maybe they'll let you slide.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                  Since you like that show "Earl Hickey" so much, pretend to have an American/southern accent. Maybe they'll let you slide.
                  growing a mullet wouldnt hurt either

Comment

It's really easy in spanish, all you have to do is repeat.

Que Pinches quieres pendejo cabron sucio.

It's the standard hello in Mexicanese.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

Working...
                    X