Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i lolled to the fact that Oscar lost all of those fights

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
      Some numb nuts last week made a thread saying that Pac outsold Floyd at the gates every time. Well that was a massive fail
      against de la hoya, hatton, cotto, mosley and marquez mayweather has outsold manny at the gate in every fight other than marquez.

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
        Okay, so lets put Alvarez in NYC and see what he sells. You thinking Alvarez is a bigger draw than Cotto is a head scratcher. Actually it's not considering who you root for.

Alvarez did just fight at Staples and they closed off majority of the arena. Cotto set the MSG record for attendance.......not once...........but twice. He also put 30,000 butts in Yankee Stadium. Lets put Saul in Dodger Stadium!
        im sure tht canelo did a ppv fight with mosley and ortiz (mosley vs mora, canelo vs baldomir and ortiz vs harris) n it did just over 100,000 buys and there was 13,500 people in attendance which isnt even close 2 being a sell out (21,000 it holds 4 boxing)

Comment

Nice
          _____

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
            Funny how you're not mentioning Mayorga...a fight Cotto headlined. We both know that fight in Vegas, Margarito was the draw.
            didn't sergio martinez also fight on the same night?in a.c?

Comment

Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
              Well, that's not PPV. That is gate revenues.

Floyd is actually a better PPV performer (on a per-event basis) than Delahoya.

Manny is too.
              do people need to explain to you how PPV numbers now can not be compared to the PPV numbers of Tyson and Oscar days ? or you are just semi trolling with your lack of knowledge when concerning this topic

Comment

Originally posted by tredh View Post
                Don't matter you said a Cotto fight without Mayweather. That is a fight without him. I didn't know where the Mayorga fight took place truthfully. I did know that Cotto vs Margarito I took place in Vegas cause Cotto wanted the rematch in NYC. Get me the numbers to Cotto vs Mayorga and we still might have a bet.

You the one talking how Canelo so popular why you don't want the bet based on Cotto vs Margarito? Margarito was not the A-side in that fight and you damn well know it. More Mexicans may have been there live cause more Mexican live in the southwest than Puerto Ricans. Just like more Puerto Ricans live in NYC than Mexicans.
                It did like 7k people. For a so called superstar you guys like to call him, that's nothing. Cotto is an east coast fighter, he isn't Floyd, DLH, or Pac. A guy who's the so called 3rd biggest drawing in boxing should be able to sell out everywhere he goes without the help of others.

Canelo is popular. More people cheered for him than they did the people in the main event.

Originally posted by Check View Post
                Okay, so lets put Alvarez in NYC and see what he sells. You thinking Alvarez is a bigger draw than Cotto is a head scratcher. Actually it's not considering who you root for.

Alvarez did just fight at Staples and they closed off majority of the arena. Cotto set the MSG record for attendance.......not once...........but twice. He also put 30,000 butts in Yankee Stadium. Lets put Saul in Dodger Stadium!
                See now you're spinning it. All I said was Canelo is popular and the reason it sold more was thanks to him.

Why don't you put Saul in a Mexican stadium. I mean he is from Mexico right?

Originally posted by djsygo View Post
                i lolled to the fact that Oscar lost all of those fights
                He beat Trinidad. Didn't go his way with the judges but anyone in their right mind knew DLH won that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by letsgobrady View Post
                  didn't sergio martinez also fight on the same night?in a.c?
                  Yea cause we're going to pick the 3rd biggest draw in boxing over unknown Martinez.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
                    It did like 7k people. For a so called superstar you guys like to call him, that's nothing. Cotto is an east coast fighter, he isn't Floyd, DLH, or Pac. A guy who's the so called 3rd biggest drawing in boxing should be able to sell out everywhere he goes without the help of others.

Canelo is popular. More people cheered for him than they did the people in the main event.

See now you're spinning it. All I said was Canelo is popular and the reason it sold more was thanks to him.

Why don't you put Saul in a Mexican stadium. I mean he is from Mexico right?

He beat Trinidad. Didn't go his way with the judges but anyone in their right mind knew DLH won that fight.
                    no...............

Comment

Working...
                    X