Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whitaker is usually considered a top 10-20 ATG why?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry.. I dont post much, but to the TS.. To discredit a ATG like whitaker is just ridiculous..

Watch some of his old fights.. Guys like greg haugen(spelling) beat guys like camacho and such..

Whitaker was the most one of the most dominant boxers ever.. in his prime he outboxed everyone..

I still say, as far as PURE boxing ability, just boxing, not power, and speed.. Hes the best PURE boxer ive seen..

He developed a cocaine habit and when he fought DLH, listen to him. Hes already punch drunk..

People on this forum are f u c k ing ******ed..

Comment

Sweet Pea had a very under-rated win at 154 against Vazquez. Whitaker rarely lost a round. He beat JCC and the CW was to benefit Chavez.

On top of that nobody wanted to fight him till the end of his career. He kept calling Trinidad, ODLH and Quartey. Once the Quartey fight got signed he failed the drug test and it was the start of his end.

As much as he was a boxer he had a fighter's attitude. By listing his wins and not following his career you just can't make a determination that he is not one of the top 20 fighters all time

Comment

Originally posted by GTL View Post
        Sorry.. I dont post much, but to the TS.. To discredit a ATG like whitaker is just ridiculous..

Watch some of his old fights.. Guys like greg haugen(spelling) beat guys like camacho and such..

Whitaker was the most one of the most dominant boxers ever.. in his prime he outboxed everyone..

I still say, as far as PURE boxing ability, just boxing, not power, and speed.. Hes the best PURE boxer ive seen..

He developed a cocaine habit and when he fought DLH, listen to him. Hes already punch drunk..

People on this forum are f u c k ing ******ed..

Not to call you out or disrespect Pernell's game but no way I'd be able to make that call like you did as the best pure boxer I've ever seen lol. He's certainly up there but even recently there's some guys who purely speaking are GREAT boxers and at least for me I couldnt pick just one as the best.

I'm not trying to catch s hit over this, but more modern fighters such as Finito Lopez*, Floyd and Ivan Calderon and (lol sue me with this next one) Rigo could be there some day..are/were TREMENDOUS boxing geniuses. There's other unconventional picks that some people like such as Toney and B Hop (I dont agree but some people have diff criteria) Then there'd be of course older picks like Pep and some people even have El Radar up there in terms of just ability. There's a good handful of guys who were such good BOXERS that you just sit back and enjoy and just generally KNOW those guys were born and found what they were meant to do. But yeah, Pernell is one of the guys i'd have in mind if asked but then I'd be like "omg there's more than one!"
        Last edited by NearHypnos; 08-04-2013, 08:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X