No announcement yet.

Russians vs Americans

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sparkman0811 View Post
    How? It is the best fighter along with the F-22. Is it expensive? Yeah.
    what made the USAF top dog in combat was the hi-lo mix.

A FEW EXPENSIVE, SUPERIOR DOGFIGHTER F-15 Eagle

A LOT OF CHEAPER, MULTI-ROLE F-16 Falcon

with F-22/F-35 COSTS SO EXPENSIVE we have so few.

the F-35 money should gone to buy multi-role fighter bombers that were cheap. say souped up F-16s or F/A-18s.

leave the stealth and other new tech with the F-22.

all those goodies are only useful for some tasks.

most tasks like bombing lightly defended targets can be done by less advanced aircraft.

Comment

We'd get bum ****ed to be honest. Specially if we fought over there, on their land. Or around their land. Boots on ground style.

We'd easily lose an entire division of soldiers.

That's all I'll say.

Comment

Originally posted by Showtime.. View Post
        Their N1 rocket had 30 engines. The U.S. Saturn V had five lol.
        You can see where technical errors would occur.

+ the Soviets were working with much less funding & time to get to the moon. The Apollo went up like 6 times before the real one touched down.
        they never really had much of a technological lead. maybe early 1960's.

once the americans got the scare and got into gear they caught up/passed the soviets in a couple of years.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
          they never really had much of a technological lead. maybe early 1960's.

once the americans got the scare and got into gear they caught up/passed the soviets in a couple of years.
          Again, funding played a big role. Allowed much more testing.

I will say, the Venera program to Venus sent like 16 satellites to Venus and they were all successes in one way or another data-wise. Everything else the Soviets did had holes in it though

Comment

I want to see a mega-monster A-10 replacement.

Mach 4 top end, thrust vectoring, stealth, twin GAU-8 cannons, with 20 tons of payload.

Just because 'Murika.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
              We'd get bum ****ed to be honest. Specially if we fought over there, on their land. Or around their land. Boots on ground style.

We'd easily lose an entire division of soldiers.

That's all I'll say.
              yeah we'd lose a division.

they'd lose whole field armies.

ppl keep thinking of ww2 era soviet union when comparing a war with current russia.

the 2 reasons russia beat germany was more men and more equipment.

germany had a population of 70 mil,, the soviet union had 170 mil., over 100 mil. more.

germany was also fighting on multiple fronts and their industry was getting bombed.

most of soviet efforts were towards just germany and their industry was moved to the east.

a current U.S. vs. Russia scenario pits 320 million americans vs.140 million russians. the russian population is also older and less healthy.

our military is larger and our manpower is larger. we are also more technologically advanced and have better soldiers.

nuclear weapons is russia only option.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post

Mach 4 top end, thrust vectoring, stealth, twin GAU-8 cannons, with 20 tons of payload.

Just because 'Murika.
                maybe if US ARMY is allowed to operate planes. the army wanted to get the A-10 USAF didn't want and the army was refused.

USAF likes to waste money on expensive worthless fighters and nuclear bombers.

Comment

Originally posted by Showtime.. View Post
                  Again, funding played a big role. Allowed much more testing.

I will say, the Venera program to Venus sent like 16 satellites to Venus and they were all successes in one way or another data-wise. Everything else the Soviets did had holes in it though
                  funding is important.

Comment

Originally posted by Cruisin' View Post
                    it's kind of hard to believe you're really russian since you're simultaneously

-a putin supporting nationalist
                    -anti-zionist
                    -sporting the soviet flag (the USSR was born when russian nationalists lost a civil war to a party founded by jews)

what's going on here mate what part of idaho are you from and when did you become a fedor emelianenko fan
                    I was born in Ukraine

My Father is Ukrainian and my Mother is Russian

My Ukrainian and Russian Grandfathers are Soviet War Heroes

You should read about Soviet Anti-Zionism

Comment

• Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post

Just because 'Murika.
                      it's hard to top tbh. the A-10 is a complete beast of a machine. in fact, it is so beast that i doubt the legitimacy of its American birth certificate. thing looks like it came out of a Soviet factory. it's big, it's ugly, and it's built to ****.

Comment

Working...
                      X