Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who would've had more potential if they had good trainers early on, Hatton or Cotto?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who would've had more potential if they had good trainers early on, Hatton or Cotto?

There are speculations that both Hatton and Cotto are shot or semi-shot fighters.

If these two fighters had excellent trainers early in their careers, who would've had the more potential to be great? Who would've achieved more?

Excellent trainers meaning, same caliber with the likes on Steward, Roach, Nacho, etc. None of these garbage cans Billy "Drunk Fart" Graham or Evangelista "Car-Smasher" Cotto.

Too bad, these two fighters could've been really great

So would've achieved more amongst Hatton or Cotto?
    Hatton
    15.63%
    Cotto
    68.75%
    about the same
    15.63%

What on earth is this?

Cotto is already 3 times the fighter Hatton is.

Comment

I know he isn't onthe pull but Judah could have been better if he had a different trainer

Comment

Originally posted by Klitschko2010 View Post
        What on earth is this?

i think you meant to hit 5 instead of 3 lol

Comment

What on earth is this?

+1

WTF is this thread?

Comment

What on earth is this?

You don't think Hatton could've been a better fighter than Cotto had Ricky had a world-class trainer when he was 17?

Think of their physical attributes and talent. I think both Cotto and Hatton had great tools but just weren't used to the fullest, that's all

Just my opinion of course.

Comment

Originally posted by VaBoriKua 2.0 View Post
              i think you meant to hit 5 instead of 3 lol
              My homie is back!

Comment

A Trainer can only help you develop skill set to get the most out of your talent. With that said I think Cotto has tapped very well into his talent with a good set of skills.

He has beaten other fighters not with talent but with skill i.e. Mosley, Judah....etc. These include good timing, counterpunching, footwork (cutting off the ring), switching southpaw at opportune times and jabbing.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Happy View Post
                  I know he isn't onthe pull but Judah could have been better if he had a different trainer
                  What are you talking about? Yoel Judah is world class.

"Zab you gotta fight this guy! Put the right out there pwah pwah. Left. Hit him. Pwah pwah."

That's a world class trainer if I've ever seen one.

Comment

Originally posted by SuckaPunch View Post
                    You don't think Hatton could've been a better fighter than Cotto had Ricky had a world-class trainer when he was 17?

Think of their physical attributes and talent. I think both Cotto and Hatton had great tools but just weren't used to the fullest, that's all

Just my opinion of course.
                    This is just ******ed. Any fighter could be better if they found the trainer that made them better. Who knows, maybe Graham was the right man for Hatton?

I actually think Hatton did ok in the Mayweather fight. He was up against a lot moving up in weight as well as Cortez putting on one of the most DISGRACEFUL 'efforts' I have ever seen in my life. He put pressue on Mayweather but didn't get too reckless.

This is as well as the fact he went 44-0 before that against some fairly good opposition.

In the Pac fight he was just a ******, plus his chin had been cracked so it's really hard to compare. Does that mean Snr < Graham? I have no idea.... noone does.

Cotto is just Cotto; he's beaten many, many good fighters and one great one. Perhaps Roach, Nazim, Steward would have been better, maybe not. Maybe they would have held him back by playing to his weaker attributes or trained him at the wrong intensity....?

Who knows. It's all ifs and whats.

Comment

Working...
                    X